The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To break or sell!!!!

Rob_Mitchell

KEEP IT, unless its the building you really like & not the driving?

Nail, head I suspect.

That is why people are poor. Instead of giving £20,000 to the rich bankers as deposit for a debt you will be paying forever, spend the next 3 weeks planning a business which can be generating you an additional £3000 monthly, run it profitably for a year, and sell it to your competition for 12x - 24x or more its revenue value, then you have money to pay outright half the cost of a new house and still keep the supe.

It's a good plan, although some of the finer details have been sketched over. :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers for the comments guys. Im going to keep the car for a couple more years then go from there, just got to try and work even harder and put more money away. Im sure ill get the love back, it only takes one blast out on the motorway. The weather for decent shows aint been good either and it just seems i waste my time waiting for them all year around and then get disappointed by rain!

cheers guys!! Your a good bunch :D

There are so many Supra's being broken at this time, the 'top-end' market is flooded anyway.

Yeah i agree, which is another reason why ill hold off for a year or so. There is very good money tied up in mine, granted i wont get RRP on what i forked out but i will get far more breaking than i would if i was to sell complete... unless someone offers me £22k which i know to the right person person looking for a show car its a bargain and you cant build this for that

Nar just had one of them days yesterday! i did breaking prices and everything lol. Had a decent think last night and its just got to stay in my life for a bit longer

Fight all you like but once the seed is planted it won't go away, I give you a few weeks till you either sell or break.

Mine isn't back from SRD yet but What is the recommended time for putting up a break/sell thread up after getting your car built? I wouldn't want to break the trend. :D:run:

LOL. Im holding off mate, i love the car but breaking will be the only option when the time comes. I think Lee puts a secret spell on the cars as they leave his

Fight all you like but once the seed is planted it won't go away, I give you a few weeks till you either sell or break.

Your not wrong, once you have got past the creating a list time its all down hill. I did mine last week when it was not running right :D

Its the weather in this country that ruins all the fun, if we had more sunny days people could get out and enjoy these sort of cars more. A 4x4 Datsun can be enjoyed all the time. ;)

Mine isn't back from SRD yet but What is the recommended time for putting up a break/sell thread up after getting your car built? I wouldn't want to break the trend. :D:run:

looks to be one month as a trend spend ££££££ drive it for 1000 miles then sell i mean break it :(

at the rate everone is jumping ship the forum will just have chavs apply but ban them within weeks and will be left with hardly any members really sad times

looks to be one month as a trend spend ££££££ drive it for 1000 miles then sell i mean break it :(

at the rate everone is jumping ship the forum will just have chavs apply but ban them within weeks and will be left with hardly any members really sad times

Mine has nothing to do with using the car, i love driving it. Alot of money is tied up in my car and its all my money too, the car is great for the company but at the end of the day i funded everything for this out my own pocket. To get on the housing market ill need a stupid deposit to put down and unless i start saving drastically now, i think the car will have to go for me to get a decent lump sum.

The forum is heading that way though but atleast people are still buying the cars

People are still buying the parts as well, so clearly alot of people still in love with their motors.

Hell of a build mate, you must just be pleased you've done so well with it.

Still not finished yet, awaiting some parts :D... I really enjoyed building it and i guess thats where the fun is, especially with our weather. Im going to stick around for a few years. reading the comments makes me want to keep her

Agreed, supra club is still the best forum IMO, very busy, the shows/events seem to be dead now but I'm guessing that's on most forums?

It’s a shame we don’t have as many events :( when I first joined there were quite a few going on and now it’s very sporadic. I remember that there used to be a couple or more club track days a year that were always fully booked.

Now its really hard to get people together to go to a easy local meet, never mind a large event.

This year must of been the saddest year if you break your supra. Within the forum, because so many iconic supra breaking in one year.

Glad you changed your mind :)

Find the love to keep it and maybe your problem ain't the Supra, just stop spending money on it :D

Agreed, supra club is still the best forum IMO, very busy, the shows/events seem to be dead now but I'm guessing that's on most forums?

I'd guess that people having less disposable money + rapid increase of fuel costs + crap weather = taken a toll.

Also I stepped down as an events org. ;)

I remember that there used to be a couple or more club track days a year that were always fully booked.

Rose tinted specs I fear; I organised the first club-run track day, repeated it the next year, and it was run again a 3rd year by Nevins IIRC. Every time it was difficult to fill; people find a thousand reasons they can't/daren't track their Supras. Shame, because it was a great event and especially good for track newbies. Maybe it'll get a resurrection in future, I like to think so. :)

Incidentally, there are [at least] two trackday discussion going on right now:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?275553-Club-trackday-invite-Oulton-Park-Nov-2nd

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?275405-Track-day