To break or sell!!!!

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got to say though I think that many high spec supras have been broken this year it's even a struggle to break them now!

Easy if you price it right, I sold most of mine in 2 days and got more money than i had it up for sale for, breaking is the only way with a lot of these big power/show cars.

Keep it! Your car is amazing. Mine has been off the road since just after Supra Pod, and i fell out with it. Now its with Keron to sort out i cant wait to get it back. Possibly just a phase your going through, but getting property is the best thing you will do.

Shame to see all the big supra builds go!

But i guess its a sign of the times.

Supras are getting old GTRs are newand bigger....

petrol is going up with everything elce and its harder to get on the property ladder than ever!

all a bit depressing thats why im keeping my supra to cheer me up :)

Property continues to fall in value (now down 20% in cash terms since 2007, 30% if you count inflation) and most commentators reckon UK property is STILL at least 20% over-valued... I don't understand anyone's rush to buy a house and try to catch that falling knife. Property DOESN'T always go up, your life ISN'T on hold if you rent, renting ISN'T dead money, especially when you'd be losing more by having a mortgage on a depreciating 'asset'.

The more Supras that are broken the better; those that remain are more and more rare. ;)

KEEP IT, unless its the building you really like & not the driving? Or get your self one thats toned down & more a drivers car, show cars are great but not very practical & very hard work. Yours is a great car, but to much cleaning for me:d. DONT EVER GIVE UP YOUR TOYS:d

Guest suprasteven
Pinch my arm and call me suzie!!!!!!

Never thought I would see this thread pop up! Then I never thought I'd see Jamies either!

Sign of the times, or maybe you're just getting old Rob :p

Well Hi Suzi!:sly:

On a serious note

I was so excited when i joined this club last Xmas thinking i ve finally made it into the supra world but i have to say coming on here the last couple of weeks has be depressing!! everyone seems to be shutting up shop!! i havent driven my car in nearly 7 months with it being in garages but i am dying to have ot back and drive it i think the majority on here get so into turbos bigger bhp and strip times they actually lose site of enjoying the car

I was contemplating buying a house, but living in the centre of Cambridge is VERY expensive, going on the outskirts aren't that much cheaper with plus counting in commuting puts the out lay up again! It's also bloody daunting knowing your going to be in debt for soo long! I hate getting loans etc because I don't like owing money out! 30+ years on a mortgage makes me cringe, especially when they'll probably be a very hard 30+ years the way the economy is going! I'd rather rent and have no worries, enjoy life, go on holidays, have nice cars etc, instead of when the next mortgage repayments due and to scared of going out and buying a new tv just incase something happens to your boiler!

Not everyone's made of money, the few that are earning £35k plus may think that last paragraphs silly, me and my other half don't earn 35k between us so there's no way we'd live comfortably with a mortgage!

If in a few years were earning a bit more then I MAY contemplate it again, but right now there's to many things that make me think no!

The arguement is certainly there for property over cars. I won't be selling my Supra, I love it, it makes me happy just sitting in it. It looks different to everything else on the road, sounds amazing and annoys my wife, what more could you want!?!

Rob, do what feels right mate, we are loosing a few central members, but others will step up, the Supra still has plenty of big builds and future ahead of it.

Someone slap him please.

Surely you built this car to promote your company and show what you guys can do? Why in the world would you want to break it if it is what helps you attract customers. Anyway if you did have property on your mind then doing a bling build like this might not have been the best idea!!

:p

An if you think this is expensive, what ever you do, do not calculate how much the banks will be making out of you!!

Then you'll be thinking you could have had one of these! (I am not helping am I?) :D

http://awesomecarauctions.com/uploaded_images/2006-lamborghini-gallardo-e-gear-796752.jpg

So some of the big boys sell up, and after the mag feature and gold plating nearly all nuts apart from your own you're thinking of getting on the "break my car bandwagon"

JP is right. house is a best bet berfore expensive toys, show cars, unless you want to stay with the parents or rent forever (unless your loaded of course)

after all the effort, money and time thats gone into your build I can only think two words ..... attention seeker :D

However much I would like to go single I never see the point in spending £1000's to make an undoubtable loss in breaking. Each to their own though

Edited by scotty71 (see edit history)

That is why people are poor. Instead of giving £20,000 to the rich bankers as deposit for a debt you will be paying forever, spend the next 3 weeks planning a business which can be generating you an additional £3000 monthly, run it profitably for a year, and sell it to your competition for 12x - 24x or more its revenue value, then you have money to pay outright half the cost of a new house and still keep the supe.