Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Parts should start arriving at lee's in the next and the 6 speed should be out next week aswell and sent down to SRD. Once parts are arriving then i will hopefully get the car down and re dy for the work.

Also trying to find places to source ethanol, if anyone has any links that would be great. I've spoke to JP and got a name of a company but still looking for any other places

• 2 weeks later...

A little update,

The wrap is now off and looks different now!

BEFORE

AFTER

My V161 was kindly removed from bens NA6 at the weekend by the man himself ben and ready for being sent to get checked over by lee, and a few other parts have started to arrive at SRD aswell which are : syvecs, fuel system and new manifold. Just waiting for more parts to arrive and then the car will be getting sent down for the work!

GEARBOX DRAINING AND REMOVAL

Still trying to find a source for ethanol and it's proving rather difficult :think: I've spoke to Jamie and got a company, but that surely has to be more than the 1?

ybyqymen.jpg

abusuha5.jpg

ybahugy6.jpg

tuga4a2e.jpg

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
A little update,

The wrap is now off and looks different now!

BEFORE

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/30/ybyqymen.jpg

AFTER

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/30/abusuha5.jpg

My V161 was kindly removed from bens NA6 at the weekend by the man himself ben and ready for being sent to get checked over by lee, and a few other parts have started to arrive at SRD aswell which are : syvecs, fuel system and new manifold. Just waiting for more parts to arrive and then the car will be getting sent down for the work!

GEARBOX DRAINING AND REMOVAL

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/30/ybahugy6.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/30/tuga4a2e.jpg

Still trying to find a source for ethanol and it's proving rather difficult :think: I've spoke to Jamie and got a company, but that surely has to be more than the 1?

there might be, but I know it is incredibly difficult to find over here dude, can't wait to see what this can do.

Honest to god don't bother with a stock clutch, as Dean said speak to CW see what he recommends stock clutch I promise will not support the torque.

and +1 for ttc will make the car an animal on the street :D will 1000cc's be enough thought it needed to be double for ethanol? and if your at 500 already or somewhere close, surely 1200's would be better?

there might be, but I know it is incredibly difficult to find over here dude, can't wait to see what this can do.

Honest to god don't bother with a stock clutch, as Dean said speak to CW see what he recommends stock clutch I promise will not support the torque.

and +1 for ttc will make the car an animal on the street :D will 1000cc's be enough thought it needed to be double for ethanol? and if your at 500 already or somewhere close, surely 1200's would be better?

I'm going with a stage 1 clutch now as recommended by lee. The 1000cc injectors will be able to handle the excess mix the ethanol will use.

I think I will keep it In TTC tbh, more fun that way :D the car is booked in for the end of this month/start of next and can't wait! Haha.

You need 30% more capacity when running ethanol.

If you had 600cc before, you will need 780cc with eth.

Lee was the one who advised 1000cc injectors, who am I to argue lol

Guest Budz86
Like wise mark lol, will be a nice set up with the syvecs, V161 and hybrids anyway, the ethanol will be for fun days ;)

You're right, it's a cracking setup! I love mine and they are stock jspec twins so your hybrids should be evil! :cool:

You're right .. don't argue with the Boss :D

Exactly ;)

You're right, it's a cracking setup! I love mine and they are stock jspec twins so your hybrids should be evil! :cool:

After seeing yours keeping up with jamie, Steve and Jamesy/lee on dragonball is what made me think about using my current set up to its potential mate :thumbs:

Looking good Alex,

look forward to seeing more updates :)

Cheers Dane, it's certainly came along way since I first got it lol. Started on the outside and done what I wanted body wise and now starting on the engine! Only thing is I won't get to enjoy it to much once it's finished cause the winter months lol

Guest Budz86
After seeing yours keeping up with jamie, Steve and Jamesy/lee on dragonball is what made me think about using my current set up to its potential mate :thumbs:

That was only on A roads, surprisingly they all left me for dust on the motorways! :D I wasn't 100% convinced of the TTC setup until DB, but when it's driven properly, it's so much fun! Seems to just keep pulling and really does behave like a small single!

Every time I think back to that weekend my resolve for selling her gets weaker and weaker! :innocent:

That was only on A roads, surprisingly they all left me for dust on the motorways! :D I wasn't 100% convinced of the TTC setup until DB, but when it's driven properly, it's so much fun! Seems to just keep pulling and really does behave like a small single!

Every time I think back to that weekend my resolve for selling her gets weaker and weaker! :innocent:

Simple answer.... Don't sell up :p it completely changed my mind in selling up, after doing that event!

Finally got the date confirmed for getting the car down to SRD for the build to start, I take it down the end of this month and get it back the start of december lol, I just hope there is going to be no snow at all untill after i pick the car up and get home!! On the plus side the crisp cold air will make for some good boost :eyebrows:

Might be able to make a bluewater meet aswell hopefully ;)

Finally got the date confirmed for getting the car down to SRD for the build to start, I take it down the end of this month and get it back the start of december lol, I just hope there is going to be no snow at all untill after i pick the car up and get home!! On the plus side the crisp cold air will make for some good boost :eyebrows:

Not long to wait then Alex, great news mate. Would be good to see you at a bluewater meet while your down this way :thumbs:

Seeing you at bluewater meet would be good dude :thumbs: :D and looking forward to the updates now :)

If you're coming down you may as well swing by Craigs too mate. Might as well make the most of it. Sure we can organise a meet around you being around :)

I'm down soon anyway for that Swansea cruise mate, so will be at Nevins' like usual and across at Craig's. Are you coming along to it? Would be good to get a few supra's to that cruise

As some of you are aware i've been after a top secret carbon bonnet for a while now, so i jamp at the chance and decided thought I would treat the car to some more goodies today, so i've just payed chaz for a brand new top secret carbon bonnet, brand new set of lockable aerocatches and brand new gas bonnet lifters :D to say im happy is an understatement! Im 50/50 about either leaving it full carbon or painting it and just leaving the vents in carbon..

u7epyjy9.jpg

asyru7e9.jpg

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)