NA performance first impressions

supraGZaerotop

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha gotta love abit of banter :p

;)

It's nice to see me getting ripped in a thread I am not looking at.......now I know how you feel Abz, Come to think of it I don't.

Just for the record the scan came back negative.

No brain?

Results as expected then!!

• 2 weeks later...

must admit when i first nailed my na, i did think it was slower than i thought it would be, especially low down the revs. Felt more like a 2ltr with no torque low down,

but it doesnt bother me at all cuz you cant have much fun on the roads anymore anyway. best way to get a buzz is a track day on a bike that will open your eyes and alter your perception of speed. my 12 year old 600 will smoke anything with less than 450bhp and it probs isnt worth a grand.

and no i cant afford/justify a turbo. and yes i wish i could. but i smile just looking at it so happy days

After Driving Ross's Auto N/A, i did think the worst after having my single. Now even though out the box they were roughly 225bhp, im pretty sure these cars now, have lost some ponies. Giving her a good nailing and playing about with the O/D on/off i can honestly say the N/A is great for a daily driver. Yes it will use loads of fuel compared to a normal car, but you don't drive a supra for its fuel consumption, if you did it would be a diesel car you'd go for.

Plus if you aint into loads of power, you can make an N/A look Great. :D

doesnt bother me at all cuz you cant have much fun on the roads anymore anyway. best way to get a buzz is a track day on a bike that will open your eyes and alter your perception of speed. my 12 year old 600 will smoke anything with less than 450bhp and it probs isnt worth a grand.

:D This is so true. :eyebrows:

I love my n/a, I drive for a living, so I have to be a good boy on the roads so there is no point in me having a big bhp monster as I don't track it.

Robust simple mechanicals mean there's little to worry about, great looks (obviously), great sounds, lovely interior, great driving image, great handling, and reasonably cheap to maintain.

Other than the lack of power I believe there's little to dislike. We had a Porsche 944 n/a in the family a few years back and the supra is quicker, better looking, cheaper to run, cheaper to repair and cheaper to maintain... Grated the 944 was marginally better handling, but side by side the supra beats it hands down, plus you don't have to use lead additives.

Just my 2p.

I went from only ever driving a Peugeot 206, to a NA Supra.

I must admit, even though it's night and day compared to the TT, it's still bloody rapid!

If you are after performance a N/a will never be enough. But i guess from a 206 to a supra is a big leap in power, enjoy it :)

If you are after performance a N/a will never be enough. But i guess from a 206 to a supra is a big leap in power, enjoy it :)

He he, I have only ever really ridden motorbikes, the 206 was for winter. But the Supra has always been my dream car and I was able to get one due to the price! So i'm not fussed about it being N/A at the moment, and there is always the availability to stick a GTE in there, or just NA-T it. But for now it's fine! :)