The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A - T is it worth it ? ? ?

Guest suprasteven

How far can he push his box? Regardless of the answer he seems a bloody clever sod anyway.

At this time there is only one A343/0E Hybrid in service which is not being pushed very hard by an N/A engine, however, when the Supercharger goes on it will have 500+ftlb to think about.

The stock T.T. box is 'rated' at 500 ftlb, yet the Hybrid runs at higher pressures which gives more clamping force to the clutches and with efficient cooling could take 600 :think: 650.

Bag of Haribo's for the first clever sod to break one, then we shall know.

Lots of info about it here.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/group.php?groupid=57

Edited by David P (see edit history)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Financially, NA-T makes no sense, unless you get a bargain on the parts (notice I use the term bargain, and not cheap)

The only reasons I can think of are for the noise, and wanting to avoid the stock TT turbos.

i think it does. i cab buy and build a 400bhp car for sub 2500. and im noe building a 500+bhp car for undr 3500. im sorry but A car that fast that makes that sound for that little cash makes perfect sense to me

I'm not really much good at drifting, but I'm pretty good at driving like an idiot :) Here's me having a laugh with Jimmy James, tyres were nearly cooked and love how much beans that little boosted NA engine takes. Much more fun than being NA, and worth any hassle that comes with it.

There are LOADS of better videos than this on youtube of NA-T's, this is purely a video I made while having a lark about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VvWJp2poWw&feature=relmfu

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

I'm not really much good at drifting, but I'm pretty good at driving like an idiot :) Here's me having a laugh with Jimmy James, tyres were nearly cooked and love how much beans that little boosted NA engine takes. Much more fun than being NA, and worth any hassle that comes with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VvWJp2poWw&feature=relmfu

That is just disgusting behaviour in public.

I love it :D

i think it does. i cab buy and build a 400bhp car for sub 2500. and im noe building a 500+bhp car for undr 3500. im sorry but A car that fast that makes that sound for that little cash makes perfect sense to me

If you know your way around the 2JZ and understand what is involved in turbocharging an engine and can do the majority of the work yourself then yes it is possible. You must admit though that a non-mechanically minded owner thinking an NA-T conversion is easy and cheap to do for the first time would struggle to do what you have achieved.

If you know your way around the 2JZ and understand what is involved in turbocharging an engine and can do the majority of the work yourself then yes it is possible. You must admit though that a non-mechanically minded owner thinking an NA-T conversion is easy and cheap to do for the first time would struggle to do what you have achieved.

Excuse the double post as this popped up when I replied to Noz, I totally agree with Nic as someone like me who couldn't tell the arse end of a spanner over my own arse would struggle really badly, Not to detract what you did jekyll as frankly that was incredible for that budget but for us mere mortals we don't ever stand a chance of doing what you did.

As graham has said, if you can source the parts and screw them on yourself, then you are laughing. I can only do basics, oil changes, sparks, suspension etc, so the idea of turbo charging daunts me a bit.

If anyone wants to pop around mine and put the bits on for mw my misses makes a mean bacon sandwich!

As graham has said, if you can source the parts and screw them on yourself, then you are laughing. I can only do basics, oil changes, sparks, suspension etc, so the idea of turbo charging daunts me a bit.

If anyone wants to pop around mine and put the bits on for mw my misses makes a mean bacon sandwich!

Can I just come round for the sandwich?

completely. if ypou dont like to get your hands grubby then step away from the na. but id saymost peoplethat are propper petrolheads and into there cars do like to work on them , and i dont need to be a genius to bolt the parts on. the hard bit of mapping you give to a pro

Guest suprasteven

Yes i would also like to know why its not worth it??

i am thinking like it was said at the beggining it comes down to opinions, tastes, and what your after

Like i said 400bhp would be perfect for me at the moment and maybe even too much as i dont plan on doing anything big with it not for the next year at least i just want a turbo'd fun and fast car that i can enjoy with out the massive costs of a TT because idealy if i had a TT i would go single

i just want a turbo'd fun and fast car that i can enjoy with out the massive costs of a TT because idealy if i had a TT i would go single

It will work out a lot cheaper to buy a TT than to do an NA-T conversion, it is not just a case of bolting on a turbo and away you go, there are a lot of supporting ancillary parts that also need fitting.