The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mpg

Ryy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you aim for 20mpg you cant go wrong. Mines a TT 5 speed (bpu), and I'll do in and around 300 miles to a tank (around £85-£90 on VPower) on long motorway runs.

My old N/A I used to get around the 400 miles mark on the same long motorway drives.

I think I got about 30mpg before. I know I drove at least 270 miles and still had about quarter of a tank left. I stopped of at my friends on the way and drove around town a bit so I probably got more than 30mpg. That was when I first got it and was just taking it easy down motorways. Most the time I guess its under 20mpg but I don't really care because I didn't buy it because I wanted an ecconimical car, otherwise I would have kept my TDI golf :)

Thank you for clearing that up chaps, I look down my facebook feed now and then and cringe at some of the s.... stuff people write, This had me cringing earlier "Ny1 got tonyts lotto numbas"

Is it just me or does this do your head in as I find it harder to read or see the logic in typing that way over standard English, To be fair I am miles away with spelling and punctuation at times but to be honest after being a member on here for nearly a year now I find that I try a lot harder and I actually feel some dormant brain cells starting to glow luke warm again which surely cannot be a bad thing.

Thank you for clearing that up chaps, I look down my facebook feed now and then and cringe at some of the s.... stuff people write, This had me cringing earlier "Ny1 got tonyts lotto numbas"

Is it just me or does this do your head in as I find it harder to read or see the logic in typing that way over standard English, To be fair I am miles away with spelling and punctuation at times but to be honest after being a member on here for nearly a year now I find that I try a lot harder and I actually feel some dormant brain cells starting to glow luke warm again which surely cannot be a bad thing.

Who's tonyts?

I delete these "poeple" from Facebook now, no matter how well I know them, it's hugely irritating

LPG is viable, responds well, but you need to spunk the 2+ grand to get it fitted first. Would you make your cash back in savings? Doubt it

Well that would depend on how long you keep the car for and how many miles

you do.

If you saved 60p per litre buying lpg instead of petrol you'd cover the 2k cost

in approx 14500 miles if your car returned 20 mpg.

Its also very useful to know what your cars doing mpg wise as its a very good

indication as to how well its running.