The mkiv Supra Owners Club

:-( Knight Racer - Please help

Guest suprasteven

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the reply email it seems as though theyre willing to try and rectify the situation, however after seeing their initial work I would be worried about leaving the car with them again. Sorry I cant be of more help though it's a very difficult situation. I'm sure someone with more experience will be along shortly to offer their thoughts on what to do.

Sorry your car is in such a bad state. Hope it all works out for you :)

It seems like their willing, but this doesn't look part-finished, this is rush job with someone trying to make a fast buck and now trying to shift the blame. This is a bodge job, plain and simple, and as baldy said, it needs taking back to square one not just blowing over by a cowboy.

Not that I'm more experienced, just seen these kind of responses from companies trying to cover their own backsides.

Edited by hackin_n_bashin (see edit history)

Guest suprasteven

To be honest after going through the car with Baldy i dont care what they re willing i will never leave my car with them again for anything!! quality is so poor i cant even begin to explaine, their service and the way they go about things is actually unbaleivable i dont understand how they re still operating, that is my wish now to have the car stripped back and done all over again by Baldy

Jesus i regret they day i booked the car in to that place like you guys have no idea!!

But all good i have seeked some legal advice today and on a postive note they said i have a strong case!! :)

But all good i have seeked some legal advice today and on a postive note they said i have a strong case!! :)

:thumbs: It's a slow process but it's the one that'll see you the most right in the end. Stick with it.

I'm no painter, but even to me, overspray is not "unfinished" it's "cocked up".

Guest suprasteven

No way i that idiot wouldnt damage that hes only dented my wallet and made me hate him, in fact cant wait to get my supra back to glory!! and actually get to a show this summer

just noticed this thread.

Bit late, but i purchased some parts from Knight racer and the fitment was terrible, they were the VS wide arches, the only reason i tollerated the mis eventually i will be getting them all blended in and tidyed.

Seems like a standard "get away with" response from them that they have probably used time and time again with great effect.

Would be very impressed if you manage to get anything back from them - keen to be surprised, good luck.

Guest suprasteven

Lets hope so! its all with my solicitors at the moment we sent a joint letter last week but i am very happy as i have so much proof of what they ve done wrong instead of right my fingers are crossed for a good result

Lets hope so! its all with my solicitors at the moment we sent a joint letter last week but i am very happy as i have so much proof of what they ve done wrong instead of right my fingers are crossed for a good result

Good for you mate I hope it all goes well... Keep this thread updated though.

That is shocking work. Picking a car up after a respray should be an amazing day where you love your car so much more. Not a nightmare where you wish it would disappear.

It might be worth moving this thread to members only if you are going down the legal route.