The mkiv Supra Owners Club

:-( Knight Racer - Please help

Guest suprasteven

thats whats happening as i drove back down the m1 friday afternoon it was whistling!! loads like there were holes in the windows or i was driving with them open!! thats whats angering me even more after £500 of supposedly new rubbers but hopefully he ll check all that for me tomorrow morning!!

He cannot check without removing them, you need a huge bead of bonding agent to stick them back in or they will never seal correctly. Then you will sound like a pressure cooker going off forever !!!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true mate, i should have listened but it was too late as my car had been handed in already and they where very adamanet that if i collected it or cancelled the deposit was non refundable, but seems like i ve lost out anyways and i missed Japfest becasuse of all this mess

You live & learn my friend, Simon will sort it out no problem.

Take plenty of pictures & try getting some money back to pay Simon. You are in safe hands now :)

i am going to ask for my money back or at least a high percentage as i have got the body kit on my car!!

Im guessing its a Knight Racer body kit then? Just demand all your money back minus the cost of the bodykit then mate, if its a good fit (when fitted correctly)

Guest MikeyB571

Sorry to see another victim, I am the one with the red gtr that they destroyed. I was at japfest and I noticed Albert from knight racer there. All I wanted to do was hit him, but my mrs held me back and kept me away from him.

The guy is a con artists and general pays off forums to delete threads, all my threads on the skyline owners forum keep getting deleted because Albert gives free parts to certain admin.

Not good

Guest suprasteven

Hey nice to hear from you!

i read your thread and saw the pics i was mad shocked!! but as i said it was all too late as my car was already at there place!! well that was my feeling all this weekend, when i hear his voice telling me all the lies and excuses man it makes me boil!!

I am sure if people stopped that he would go out of business and word would deffinatly get around!

Did u ever manage to sort out the Skyline! nice colour by the way

Guest MikeyB571
Hey nice to hear from you!

i read your thread and saw the pics i was mad shocked!! but as i said it was all too late as my car was already at there place!! well that was my feeling all this weekend, when i hear his voice telling me all the lies and excuses man it makes me boil!!

I am sure if people stopped that he would go out of business and word would deffinatly get around!

Did u ever manage to sort out the Skyline! nice colour by the way

I haven't fully sorted it yet, but I repositioned the panels to fit properly and replaced the old bumper which they also damaged.

Good luck.

Guest MikeyB571
That skyline looked pretty sweet on saturday. Im guessing it was the red r34 with the skyline owners?

Yep that was mine, looked all over the supra stand and couldn't find it:)

Thanks, it still looks pretty good. I just find it hard to look past the cockups.

That is truly horrible work mate, i feel for you, i have been scrimping and struggling to save up for a full bomex kit from these but i think i might look else where although when i brought my car it has got a CF bonnet and CF low spoiler from them which are good, but then again you cant make the same mistakes with a bonnet and low spoiler as you can with a bodykit can you :(

Hope you get it resolved.

Another option instead of another respray could be a correction detail from Christian.

I had the same issue with a different bodyshop on my car. I also only ended up paying them half, it's a headache trying to get money back once its paid.

I didn't want to shell out for another respray so booked it on with Christian (Stonkin).

It's surprising what he can do with bad paint!

But if you can get them to shell out definitely go and get another respray from Simon.

Guest suprasteven

Hi guys jus got back from Baldy!

well where do i start its acutally so much worse that even Simon was lost for words, none of the right rubbers where usued not even new ones, i mean when we both started to go over the car properly we couldnt believe what we were seeing,

To cut a long story short he said its gonna take a bit of time and big bill to get the car to full glory! oh well of to email Knight racer to have the proof

(Man i am fuming)

Guest suprasteven
That is truly horrible work mate, i feel for you, i have been scrimping and struggling to save up for a full bomex kit from these but i think i might look else where although when i brought my car it has got a CF bonnet and CF low spoiler from them which are good, but then again you cant make the same mistakes with a bonnet and low spoiler as you can with a bodykit can you :(

Na dont mate!!

if you love your car then dont, trust me you ll regret it like anything that you let them touch your car go else where for the kit and get Simon to do it

great guy and actually knows what hes talking about

I would be getting a quote from Baldy and then taking said quote to Knight Racer in person. Personally I would be after getting them to pay for the whole amount, or as much as possible.

If they fail to help them time to name and shame, FB, car forums etc.

I would be getting a quote from Baldy and then taking said quote to Knight Racer in person. Personally I would be after getting them to pay for the whole amount, or as much as possible.

If they fail to help them time to name and shame, FB, car forums etc.

Totally agree.

Take a collection of pictures and a list of everything wrong with the car and what needs fixing and how much and state that you don't trust them at all to fix your car, Maybe even take the pictures of the red skyline they cocked up too to show it is not a one off no matter how much they try to pony this off as a mistake don't take no for an answer.

Demand to speak to the manager and just kick off but do it in a good way as shouting the odd's ect won't help even though the thought of jumping the counter with a flying knee/headbutt combination may feel good just be subtle at how you go about it.

Threaten them with trading standards ect and that you will get them as much bad publicity as you can due to them being a useless bunch of fu................ People.

Edited by Graham1984 (see edit history)

Guest suprasteven

i have emailed them and now lets see what they say!?

here are more pics of more issues with the car

IMG_25777777.jpg

1cm gap between the headlight and bumper all the way around

IMG_25788888.jpg

my door lock is all loose some bits broken and screws missing!! my door is almost falling apart!

IMG_257999999.jpg

Once again trims and rubbers all screwed up and jus hanging off

What the hell are they playing at. Shocking, really truly shocking, im suprised companies like this survive in the current climate. If the world was a fairer place they would be closed down. I would be onto trading standards, invite them to come look at the car before Si does his work, they need to be shown they can not get away with it.

I know there are alot of people that will say they have never had any problems with knight racer and they probably havnt but at the end of the day the pictures dont lie and even if they do do alot of good stuff why would you run the risk that this could happen to you :( quite disappointed really as i really wanted their bomex kit and was even looking at the trial rear bumper :(