The mkiv Supra Owners Club

:-( Knight Racer - Please help

Guest suprasteven

Guest suprasteven
Probably time for some sage advice for everybody on the forum, not saying this is what you did, but it is a good thread to highlight how to get the best from a tuning company.

When you hand a car over to a tuner or a paintshop do not let them have the car for any longer than necessary. The car will sit in the corner of a workshop waiting for the right moment to be done, or will be done and then left sitting in the workshop. It will continue to be in the way and they will have to move it out in the morning and back in the evening which means people getting in to and out of the car.

Ask them how long the car will take to be ready before handing it over, and say you are coming back on that date to collect. Then phone them each day to check how it is coming along.

Dont feel you are doing them a favour by saying you will collect when they have time to finish it, the car will sit there in the way and other work will take priority.

And make sure you have it in writing how much it will cost WITH VAT and be clear on what you want them to do.

Yes also very true i realsied that the more i started calling him the more he was avoiding the office or thats the only time i would get a real update and even still when i requested a photo it took a day or two and even another phone call to actually get it i think that the car was stopped in that place for the best part of one month and then when i started hasseling them was when they did something, the funny thing was he was more worried about finishing other cars and japfest above anything else espcially cars hed got in after mine

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest suprasteven

Here are some of the pics

DSCN0239.jpg

After 2 days of i quote "mop and paint polish by machine and then once by hand"

DSCN0241.jpg

Side of the front bumper drivers side

DSCN0243.jpg

Side of the front bumper passengers side

DSCN0242.jpg

Top of the bumper not straight or in line with the bonnet (with added gap)

DSCN0246.jpg

Ruined new carbon dash

DSCN0247.jpg

DSCN0251.jpg

Back seats are jus thrown inside not attached or anything just lying there

DSCN0252.jpg

Bumper with its bolts (i dont know if this is how its suppose to be) my plate has also been lost (Along with my resident parking permit)

DSCN0254.jpg

My boot as it was handed back to me

Now its looking a little better as i couldnt stand to see it the way it was and have done a minor clean and placing things back correctly even a plastic things are loose in the engine bay as i have discovered yesterday!!

And he says for me to take my car back for him to sort it NO WAY!!

The boot looks like a bunch of dusty plasterers have had their tea breaks in there (No offence mean't by that either)

I just don't get how a company can do this and hand you back a vehicle happy with what they have done, It is the equivalence of Christian at invisible touch detailing having a dump and leaving it behind one of the heater vents so that although it looks a great job there is a hidden problem...... Sadly knightracer don't even seem to try and hide it.

Absolutely appaling!!! Im sure the front bumper should have 5 bolts along the top between the lights, and I count 2 on there? The fitment is horrendous, and they said it was polished? It looks like they've spilt stuff on the spoiler.

Very good thing that you have pictures of the shoddy workmanship. I would definitely get on to trading standards mate. Or, as someone else said, demand your money back, and if they refuse, then take them to trading standards. They have simply robbed you of your cash and done more harm than good.

Feel for you buddy!

Guest suprasteven

Hey guys i was thinking that as i jus got back from washing my car i paid £500 for brand new "direct from toyota" seals and rubbers for my roof and windows the car is leaking water like i ve jus gotten into the shower!! and here is a pic of what the rubbers down the side of the door look like

IMG_25745555.jpg

i feel like blowing up!! i am so angry to have paid them anything and i am going to call them tomorrow and also report them to trading standards as my girlfriend said the same thing!!

i cant beleive they actually get any work still and people allow them into these shows as japfest etc!!

looks like all they have done is screw my car up and nothing of what i actually asked for is done

Guest suprasteven

the only upside to everything is that i ve spoken to Simon (Baldy) and he asked me to take the car down tomorrow morning for him to have a look at!!

Guest suprasteven

The car looks nice mate!! loving the blue

lets hope mine can be saved

Thinking about it, i would first email the company who did the work (with photos) describing the issues you've got. Tell them that as you have no confidence with them to carry out any remedial work, you are taking it to a different place to get sorted. Ask them how much they are willing to pay towards the cost of repairing your vehicle to the standard they should have. If they falt out refuse any sort of compensation then take it to trading standards, solicitor,police etc.

To be honest they were probably spending all their time on their GTR that was at JapFest. My mate was saying it looked really good, and then I opened up saying I would never take my car to them, along with reasons. I never mentioned any names, but mentioned a bad job on a supra recently, and the red R34 GTR that they hashed up. Needless to say, the bloke on the stand looked rather sheepish and uncomfortable.

I think they know they have done wrong on several occasions, and now the word is getting around about it.

Thinking about it, i would first email the company who did the work (with photos) describing the issues you've got. Tell them that as you have no confidence with them to carry out any remedial work, you are taking it to a different place to get sorted. Ask them how much they are willing to pay towards the cost of repairing your vehicle to the standard they should have. If they falt out refuse any sort of compensation then take it to trading standards, solicitor,police etc.

Why should you ever receive a car from them that needs remedial work to finish what should already be done, I doubt dude or Paul Whiffin use any methods like these hence why they are rightly held in high regard for their knowledge and work practices and wouldn't send you home with a pile of turd like this. I don't see why the op should pay anything towards fixing costs at all if his car was clean and sound before he dropped it off as why should he suffer any loss to get his car back to how it was in the first place.

It might be worth putting their web address into the thread so it pops up on google easier.

Good luck to the OP though as this would pee me off no end.

Guest suprasteven
To be honest they were probably spending all their time on their GTR that was at JapFest. My mate was saying it looked really good, and then I opened up saying I would never take my car to them, along with reasons. I never mentioned any names, but mentioned a bad job on a supra recently, and the red R34 GTR that they hashed up. Needless to say, the bloke on the stand looked rather sheepish and uncomfortable.

I think they know they have done wrong on several occasions, and now the word is getting around about it.

Yep i guess ur right because on friday night when i collected my one their was a guy also cleaning that GTR but funnily enough it looked very nice compared to the work they had done on mine and others that where around!! I think thats Alberts own personal car and secondly he blatenlty told me in person and through email that he had higher priorityies like japfest and other work that needed completeing!! my jaw hit the floor no joke after 2 months of having my car and it being in this state and not finished to any standards you tell me you have higher priorities!! WTF!!

i am going to ask for my money back or at least a high percentage as i have got the body kit on my car!!

Guest suprasteven
You should of taken to japfest parked nexto to their GTR and put up a big Knight Racer banner next to it..! To show off their amazing work...!

LOL Dam thats actually a really good idea one pointing at the GTR "what they show" and then at mine "what you actually get"

Hey guys i was thinking that as i jus got back from washing my car i paid £500 for brand new "direct from toyota" seals and rubbers for my roof and windows the car is leaking water like i ve jus gotten into the shower!! and here is a pic of what the rubbers down the side of the door look like

[ATTACH=CONFIG]151596[/ATTACH]

i feel like blowing up!! i am so angry to have paid them anything and i am going to call them tomorrow and also report them to trading standards as my girlfriend said the same thing!!

i cant beleive they actually get any work still and people allow them into these shows as japfest etc!!

looks like all they have done is screw my car up and nothing of what i actually asked for is done

Have they taken the rear 1/4 windows out, fortunatly you can prob just refit the rubber trims correctly yourself.

Guest suprasteven

yh they took all the windows out the rear 1/4 one look ok but i have no checked properly the rear windows trims have not been put back at all and the pic i showed you is of the rubber running down the side of my door which is not letting the close normally i have to slam it and is also letting in a large amount of water!! i am gonna take to roof off a little later to see how thats looking as well

yh they took all the windows out the rear 1/4 one look ok but i have no checked properly the rear windows trims have not been put back at all and the pic i showed you is of the rubber running down the side of my door which is not letting the close normally i have to slam it and is also letting in a large amount of water!! i am gonna take to roof off a little later to see how thats looking as well

You had better get Si to check they have been replaced properly if not they will whistle like mad and let loads of water in.

Guest suprasteven

thats whats happening as i drove back down the m1 friday afternoon it was whistling!! loads like there were holes in the windows or i was driving with them open!! thats whats angering me even more after £500 of supposedly new rubbers but hopefully he ll check all that for me tomorrow morning!!