The mkiv Supra Owners Club

We'd like to attend a Supra meet :D

Biggenz

A couple of us in the Surrey area have 550-600bhp Fiat Coupes and would love to attend a Supra meet in the area if we're welcome.

It would be interesting to see how we compare to a high powered Supra, seeing as my car makes around 450bhp per ton. I know there will be a few 1000bhp+ cars, which is obviously in another league, but it would be nice to see some other fast cars. :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am being nice, im just wondering how they get that kind of power from a 2ltr lump is all. The only way i can see is a different engine or forged everything and a massive turbo

3SGTE's do it. EVO's do it. Scoobies do it.

Principles are ALL the same. Boost!

Contrary to all the 'Fiat' remarks about being unreliable and blowing up, Coupe tuning has come a long way in the last couple of years. The top tuner in the UK, Barbz from Torque Italia, has build some amazing engines.

There are currently 3 Coupes running close to 600bhp in the UK. A 2l, 2.4l and 2.5l. The 2.4l and 2.5l makes the power with relatively low boost at 1.8bar. I wanted to keep the 2l platform as it's a shorter stroke engine and can run more boost. I'm currently running a Precision Turbo 6262 @ 2bar and it's deceptively quick.

All the engines in these 3 cars are fully forged, but the rest of the components are stock!! Mine is running stock cams, stock head gasket, stock head bolts, stock manifold, stock block etc.

It goes to show how good these engines actually are. :D

Might be, still dont want your death on my hands from when you crash and burn trying to keep up with me.

Best Quote of the Year :D

Don't even think of racing with Jamie P. A good many cars and drivers have tried and they are all now in Car Heaven and Driver Hell respectively :devil:

Might be, still dont want your death on my hands from when you crash and burn trying to keep up with me.

Modest as ever JP :D For the record I thought you kept all your Youtube shenanigans to strictly 60/70mph.................. Normally 60/70mph over the speed limit though ;)

I would race this before JP if I was you mate http://www.google.co.uk/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/nasafact/ec88-0197-1.jpg&sa=X&ei=MZ14T_fHDcSq0QW4nJ2gDQ&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEOn2qb1STr3ksJt9eSZgCfHfCB0Q The basic principle is still the same.

Just a bit of leg pulling, If you are interested in Supras get along to a meet, if you are just looking for a street race id say you are out of luck.

I dont have an adjustable boost controller.

I've always been interested in Supra's and with the money I've spent on my car, I could have bought a pretty good single. Although I guess to get to your car's power level would probably cost a fair bit more. Haha.

We're not just looking for a race btw, but we do go out late at night over weekends when the roads are clear to have some fun. I'm sure there must be some of you guys doing the same thing?