The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going full Ridox (Wide Arch)

add heywood

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, picked up my rear wing and Ridox boot lip spoiler today. I had them wrapped in carbon vinyl... The wing I bought wasn't in the best condition, and although being carbon, it had marks etc. The Ridox boot spoiler was off Ibrar's group buy, they have both come out really well. Will get pics tomorrow, it's dark and raining outside now lol

Sorry for the bad pictures, took with my phone in the garage this morning...

The rear wing has to be built up, it has real carbon sides that were in good condition so didn't bother to get them wrapped, the legs will be blown over in matt black.

I ended up getting the feet covered to as they were a funny rubber/plastic coating...

and the Ridox spoiler

Just had an email back from Rays :( They say their GT-V in -15 offset (to fill the rear arches) have been discontinued. I was going to put my rears in the front, then buy new rears and sell the original fronts I had... Back to the drawing board.

You could put your rears on the front, and get the fronts widened by Big Jim Racing? (as people do with stock 17s)

The problem is widening the wheels will not push them further out of the arch. You usually cut behind the spokes, therefore pushing the wheel further towards the car/towards the suspension. If they cut in front of the spokes the lovely blingy wheel would have a big dirty weld mark around it...

So, currently thinking about my wheel issues... Just got the price back for the SSR wheels and they come in at over £4.5k without tyres :shock: so maybe they were nice, but not THAT nice lol.

I have found out that Rays would make a new rim for the current centres.spokes I have in the right offset. But with shipping costs there and back it would put the price into new wheel territory. So plan B is to try and find a UK based company that makes split rim alloys and see if they could make a rim that will be compatible with my current wheels. The rears on my car could go on the front and push out 19mm so they would be pretty much a straight swap. I wouldn't mind running 10mm spacers on the front. They the fronts that are currently on the car could have a new rim manufactured in the correct offset for the back... That's the plan anyway :thumbs:

Well just waiting on Nengun to see if they can source rears in GT-V, if not might well go for these alloys. £2600 in 10J fronts and 11.5J rears... Billet made spokes in any offset I want and any brake clearance. Would go for polished lip and gold centres with the bolts showing (as in the picture). If I could sell my wheels it wouldn't be that much of a hit to the finances.

billet-102-19-inch.jpg

Hurray :) Nengun have just been in touch to say they can get me a pair of GT-V in 10.5J -15 offset which gives me 51mm more width at the back... All for around £1250 (plus import tax) Only problem is they don't do the chrome middle anymore so will have to split the new ones and get them chrome painted. So I will soon have a pair of fronts for sale if anyone wants to get some rears themselves.