The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra revival!

mknapman77

i was lead to believe the imports are less desirable and have less horsepower?

No and no! All Supras (TT) has the same 326bhp, the 280bhp gentleman's agreement was just a ruse!

Good luck with bringing this back to life - be interesting to watch your progress.

And welcome by the way!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks fairly clean to be honest, get the engine going, shouldnt be to hard, new fluids, batterys, spark plugs, do a compression test etc etc, then get her on a ramp, if the chassis is rusty, which i think it will be from sitting in a moist patch for that time then it might not be worth it, if its clean, get some new pads and discs with some new rubber and that should be all it needs, mine was more of a piggy when i got it and its going strong, welcome!

You may find even in the state its in that the celica supra would be of interest to someone as there is a lot of interest in restoring old skool jap motors. I imagine if you'll have any issues with the engine it'll be with the twin turbo VSV and waste gate gubbins etc as that lots all mechanical and hasn't been moved for years. You could always just sling a single on it to get around those sort of problems

i think you will find that parts will be readily available from the guys on here that break supras , and that its an import makes no difference , that was just scaremongering years ago by the dealers who quickly changed theryre minds when they realised how much they were losing out on servicing and things.

Edited by peter richards (see edit history)

Well, so far so good, washed it down and hoovered it out, although gonna require some paintwork. Plugs are out, rocker covers off, given it a coat of oil and everythings moving nicely when turning over by hand, now to change the oil and filter and get it cranking to make sure ive got oil pressure!

basically the guy who owned it rented some offices on my uncles land. there is this car, and a very rotten celica supra there too, so he was obviously a fan! from what i can gather he ended up with some issues, then in rehab, so thats where they've sat ever since! I'm in aldershot, so not too far away at all, ill be sure to give you a shout if i need anything cheers!

There are quite a few of us in the Aldershot/Farnborough area so when it's back on the road you will have get involved in one of the local meets. Good luck in the meantime!

hi all, ive run into my first problem!

i seem to have engine fault codes 14, which i think is an ignition circuit problem, although i do have a spark, and the 2nd is 78, which is fuel pump related. I do however have some kind of aftermarket alarm/immobiliser, and im thinking that possibly all of this could stem from not being able to disarm that. obviously i will be trying to take that out of the system tomorrow (i think its some kind of toad alarm) just wondering if anyone else had any ideas?

another question i have is where is the fuel pump? I currently have no workshop manuals, as they still havent turned up from the people i ordered them from.

thanks for any advice

Hi mate and welcome.

In the diagnostic port, link Fp and B+ with a short piece of wire, when you switch the ignition on you should be able to hear the pump,its in the tank by the way. If you can hear the pump then you should have fuel pressure up at the injector rail and it may start :), but you will still need to look at why you have to feed a permanent feed to the pump. If you cant hear anything then report back and we can go a bit further into it.