The mkiv Supra Owners Club

13J WideArch 600hp NA-t Project

Noz

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping it all goes well for you mate, the list is handy for me as I've missed a few bits;) so thanks for that:innocent:

my build won't be as clean as yours mate im surprised you've missed anything ;) going to clean up the parts once its running. want to get the intake/TB painted and freshen up the bay. 400hp then try and make it look as mint as yours!

There are loads of little odds and sods missing from the list but as you are getting it installed I would say that the installer will have all that sort of stuff to hand. It seems like you have most of the main parts in hand :D

please list them scott, any connectors or flanges so i can add them to the list once ive paid for everything (if included) when i get the install done. i can then change the title thread and possibly make this a build thread? :)

check the list nic, i've updated it as I do actually have a turbo blanket. without you reminding me i would of forgotten to add this :thumbs:

Good luck with this noz, would be interested in the outcome as I'm currently debating to go NA-T.

thanks mate, fingers crossed it goes ok. im still concerned about the fact the only mods being added to hit 400 from 370-380ish are injectors and fuel pump, hopefully it will be able to reach the magic numbers.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

please list them scott, any connectors or flanges so i can add them to the list once ive paid for everything (if included) when i get the install done. i can then change the title thread and possibly make this a build thread? :)

That's the trouble, it's all the little things that you don't think of that you only really realise when building the car back that they start to come aparent. I've had loads of bits crop up on me lol.

Things like...

A decent exhaust

Gaskets for DP, MP and Exhaust

Nuts/Bolts for DP, MP & Exhaust

Oil drain adapter for the turbo

Oil drain adapter for the block

Oil feed adapter for the turbo

Oil feed adapter for the block

Heatwrap for the manifold

Heatwrap for the downpipe

Heat wrap for the feed & return lines

Silicone hose joiners

Clamps for all the joiners

Plugs for any unwanted feeds (water/oil)

Weld on flange for BOV

Circlip kit for attaching BOV to weld on flange

Clutch Fitting Kit (Flywheel bolts, Release bearing etc)

New manifold studs

Front main seal (Next few parts I would highly recommend)

Cam seals

Water pump

Radiator (If yours isn't spot on you'll be best getting one)

All service items (Colder plugs, air filter, different oil etc)

New Crank Pulley (Highly recommended, you don't want this going on you)

New Crank Pulley Bolt

Timing Belt

Aux Belt

Power Steering Cooler

Turbo to Manifold studs/nuts

Thermostat (Best to replace)

Packing seal for anything that needs re-sealed

Loctite (for anything that is recommended to be loc-tited)

Breather Pipes

Breather Fittings

Welded cam covers

Vacuum lines

Turbo Blanket

Probably loads I have missed out.

Its true, but im sure paul will sort that as he goes along, when i started my build i thought i had everything i needed, but i must have spent another £800-£1000 on extra bits, £150 on heat wrap for the manifold and d/p, £60ish on heat shield for turbo and vacum lines, £150 on a turbo blanket, it bloody mounts up. Some of the things i and others have done you dont HAVE to use but while its all apart it silly not to in some cases.

That's the trouble, it's all the little things that you don't think of that you only really realise when building the car back that they start to come aparent. I've had loads of bits crop up on me lol.

I'm gonna try and update this list as I get bits paid for or buy them myself. This is also an important list, and il add it to the once completed NA-T list when its all running and I know whats been used. This would be a secondary list I think, as most people leave this kinda stuff out! thanks alot for adding this scott, I think aside from myself, it will definitely make this a useful thread for others.

really appreciate the help everyones giving me on this, been on the pipeline for a while. Only realise how decent people are on here when you ask for help. Thanks all :D

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

Heat Wrap - You will need all of this prior to running. The manfiold will be running at a crazy temperature. Without heatwrap/shielding of some sort it will melt virtually everything anywhere even remotely close to it including your brake master cylinder and clutch master cylinder. If you don't get tubing/wrapping of some sort for the oil lines then your oil temp will SOAR as they will be very close to the manifold.

Power steering cooler - The reason I mentioned this is the stock one is often in bits. It's a good time to replace it. Can be got for sensible money from driftworks.

Welded cam covers - For the breather setup to attach to.

Never seen any information regarding power steering cooling for an NA-T upgrade. I'll ask a few NA-T'ers and see what they think. I would assume I wouldn't need one, as people run NA-T's all day long without one and I'm only going slightly above typical turbo conversion figures.

Looks like I'll have to get some heat wrap then eh!

did numerous long rus on track at 8psi on the 58 and it was fine. i only broke the first box at 8psi because it did 2 drag days and i did alot of launch practise for the up comeing sprint season. 480lbs of torque was just too much for it though. it let go midrange through third at peak torque