The mkiv Supra Owners Club

13J WideArch 600hp NA-t Project

Noz

your so close to 400bhp already mate how come u never tried for a bit more? to bef air 350bhp probably feels like an absolute animal compared to a stock na. mines 220 so even on low boost setting im gonna be giggling like a little girl!

I was told it would be a good idea to upgrade my fuel pump with that sort of power.

did you change your fuel filter as well mate?

Exactly! Lol! Felt like an absolute animal compared to 222 dyno checked bhp. To be honest, at the time I was just looking for the initial NA-T hp gain.& thought I can always buy another 2JZ GE and rebuild it to get some more ponies... Like Dr_Jekyll has done. But now I'm thinking as soon as the scales are tipped at 450bhp a new gearbox may be on the cards aswell.

Just wait until you drive your NA-T for the first time... No probs with the t61 lag. Spools for about 3800 rpm with good power straight to the redline ;)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the injectors are maxed out. Hence why I'm looking to follow gixer with the injectors. Wouldnt hurt for you to get them though :) Ideally though want to do it with a new engine in the future. But I'm happy with the power at the moment :) haven't got any videos of it yet dude. Need to get some to finish my thread soon as though.

yea I went with 440's to get it running. I'd like bran new 550's, but if I rebuild the engine I'll aim for 600. I'd like enough power to do 200mph really, and from previous reading it was just over 600 i beleive? That will be after a new gearbox though. get this running first, then get a R154 and do a re-build. I'd love to do the whole build myself really. Be good to strip the engine out and do it at home or at my mates garage after hours.

Need to look into how much bhp you can run on 9:1 CR. 9.2:1 is TT headgasket, TT pistons is 9:1 I beleive. For 600 I'd need to uprate the conrod bolts, not sure about any other bottom end modifications. Custom cams will be on order in the new year though I may not make it that far if something goes pop :D

I can't find anyone to help with swapping the dizzy for coils, and I just can't get my head around it. Maybe I'll do this in the new year, but 600 would max the dizzy out so yet again hitting a limitation.

thanks mate :D im gonna get some batterys for my camera and leave it with paul and ask him very very nicely if he can take some pics along the way. cant wait for that first youtube video upload of the dyno attempt... hope it all goes well.

Cars in london. Had a slight issue with a leak from the throttle body from the pipe so car didn't like full throttle on the way up there. Should just be water on the HT leads, extra work that needs doing!! But at least it's in the right place.

Hoses don't fit for oil cooler (doh!) and oil lines need replacing for turbo.

Only time will tell...

Yes mate Im definitely looking forward to it. Been a long time coming, was looking at turbo kits before I even bought the car. Doing a conversion was always on the cards for me and I've learnt so much through doing it myself. I've not gone to the details you have, but after its running I am definitely going to tidy the whole lot up as you and ripped_fear have seriously tidy engines, I need to up my game with the NA crew as its really good to see these engines looking appreciated.

Hi mate. Collecting the car friday. Should be good fingers crossed.

Hoping I get a good result, I had 220bhp when it was last dyno'ed, so I'm hoping I should get some healthy figures with all the goodies I've included in my build. Only thing that might let me down is the wastegate I think, am worried because it's unbranded, though many people don't have issues.

Finger crossed I make good power :) I'll add information as I get it buddy.

• 4 weeks later...

So.... thought I'd update this with a few little bits I'd been doing. Over the weekend I started to clean my bay up, it look's shocking and I've been rather embarresed to show people but it's starting to tidy up nicely. Im looking into getting the intake anadised with a spare one.

This weekend was inspired by rippedfear and his painted ignitor :)

Trying different painting techniques so I played around with the bracket. I think it looks alright, though I may do it a different colour.

2012-01-08163237.jpg

Edited by Noz (see edit history)