The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Vandalised (...by the GF!!!) - Anyone know of any short-term insurance company's?

dukenukem

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is different but id get rid. She sounds like a right mental case. Look at the long run. I'd get rid before you end up stuck in a relationship with a violent alcoholic who has no memory of her actions, who causes you constant misery when she is drunk. Which could be often... If she does turn alcoholic the business will take a dive... She doesn't sound like a functioning alcoholic who do manage to hold there life together...

^^^ This.

What I would ask is...is this the first time she's done stuff like this...or are you starting to make a list of her misdemeanors now? I

If you haven't, it sounds like you soon will be.

Best of luck to you :)

Edit; I echo TT Paul's comment too.

Wasn't this a thread about insurance not if dukenukem should dump the GF?

Insurance would probably cost more than paying for roof and indicator.

I think members are rightly reponding to all the info the OP has furnished them with.

Maybe she might be a liability regarding future damages? And maybe she won't?

Wow! Thanks for the all the replies and advice! I have to say, when she's sober she's great, but when she's drunk she's a knightmare but she's never turned to vandalism or anything like this before and she doesn't even remember it happening. She does have an alcy problem though (clearly) and drinks to the point of passing out on the sofa way too often (at least once a week), but she is a complete lightweight and done in after a couple of glasses.

We (well strictly speaking she) have (has) 3 dogs who I love completely and I was with her to collect them all from puppies over the course of the past 1.1/2 years, nothing quite like kids but it is like a little unit and we all go walking in the forrest and on the beach all the time and that has become a big part of my life at the moment, but she does need to address the alcohol problem for us to have future. She knows how much I love that car too (bit*h!). I was gutted to see it this morning.

To be fair though, I had a look at the damage when I got back from work today and it's more of just a crease around where the indicator cut-out is on the wing. If that hole wasn't there I doubt she'd have managed to even dent it (she probably would have fallen over first!). It should pop back out quite easliy, I could probably do it myself if I had half a clue about these things, but this does lead me to think about the issue a bit more seriously i.e. re our future etc. I'd rather try and help her the best I can than walk out right now, but it's not easy. A slap in the face might help now and then (just kidding - sort of).

I'm confused, are you looking for insurance in case she does it again? You can't get insurance to pay for damage after the damage has occurred, that's retarded.

Come on Trev, you're normally not one for reading 2 words in a post before replying.

He's looking to get temporary insurance so that he can take the car to a bodyshop and get it repaired. It has been declared SORN so he would need to tax and insure it for a month to get it to the bodyshop.