The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Vandalised (...by the GF!!!) - Anyone know of any short-term insurance company's?

dukenukem

Best of luck,the easy option is to fix the car ,get in it and keep driving in the opposite direction of the g/f house

.The difficult option is to stay, not fix the car and try and fix the g/F.

I like that one. Put's things nicely into perspective.

Sorry to hear that, poor Supra :( For your nobend girlfriend-Catch IT, Bin IT, Kill IT :) Job done.

I like that one too. Always good to get a woman's perspective.

I'm confused, are you looking for insurance in case she does it again? You can't get insurance to pay for damage after the damage has occurred, that's retarded.

That one not so much, please try to keep up... :p

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't usually comment on threads like this, but I have been in a very similar position (along time ago)

She needs help badly, she is going to hurt someone or herself

Try speaking to her when sober and tell her she needs to visit an AA meeting (offer to go with her) and if she try's brushing it off, tell her it's becoming to much for you to be able to handle

Next time she is this bad, try and video it and show it back to her when she sobers up

It will proberbly be a long hard slog to help her and you need a lot of commitment, if you don't think you will be up to it, then finish it now before it get's worse, which it will

As for the Insurance bit, she needs to pay for that as well, but you will be paying nearly the same for a month as you would for a year, I looked long and hard when I had a 2nd Supe here that I was selling

As for showgirls on the bonnet, I know exactly where you are coming from Rob, when me and Wile had our shoot done, I told the photographer, under know circumstance were the girls allowed to climb over my car, Wile didn't say this and ended up with several photo's like this

The cleanest pic there was, if the mods think this is NWS, just delete the last bit of this post:innocent:

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

you sure it was your missus who vandalised your motor ????? Surely it could have been anyone passing by the car .

She does sound like a nut though !!! have some unusually freaky sex with her then bin her off once you've spoofed in her hair !!

Well I was 98% sure it was her anyway, we live in a quiet cul-de-sac in a nice area and the car is happily tucked away behind a hedge, but she has since admitted remembering doing it!

This is what the bitch did, granted it's only very minor but still, what was the point?! To be fair I kind of went mad before actually having a proper look at it:

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2011/11/628.jpg[/img]"]image

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2011/11/629.jpg[/img]"]image

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2011/11/630.jpg[/img]"]image

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2011/11/631.jpg[/img]"]image

Now I accept that posting pictures of my car complete with Veilside bumper is inevitably going to spark a few 'ahh, Veilside body kit, I see why she kicked it...' type responses, but I've actually grown rather fond of it over the years. I have pondered changing the bumper to something else but I do rather like the sideskirts.

I hope it's all sorted now anyway, got a mobile car body repair guy coming round on Wednesday so I don't have to drive it anywhere. £40 to pop it out he recons but it might not be perfect, if not she can pay the extra later.

Vandalised Car 037.jpg

Just FYI:

Do you have a drinking problem?

You may have a drinking problem if you...

Feel guilty or ashamed about your drinking.

Lie to others or hide your drinking habits.

Have friends or family members who are worried about your drinking.

Need to drink in order to relax or feel better.

“Black out” or forget what you did while you were drinking.

Regularly drink more than you intended to.

Signs and symptoms of alcohol abuse

Substance abuse experts make a distinction between alcohol abuse and alcoholism (also called alcohol dependence). Unlike alcoholics, alcohol abusers have some ability to set limits on their drinking. However, their alcohol use is still self-destructive and dangerous to themselves or others.

Common signs and symptoms of alcohol abuse include:

Repeatedly neglecting your responsibilities at home, work, or school because of your drinking. For example, performing poorly at work, flunking classes, neglecting your kids, or skipping out on commitments because you’re hung over.

Using alcohol in situations where it’s physically dangerous, such as drinking and driving, operating machinery while intoxicated, or mixing alcohol with prescription medication against doctor’s orders.

Experiencing repeated legal problems on account of your drinking. For example, getting arrested for driving under the influence or for drunk and disorderly conduct.

Continuing to drink even though your alcohol use is causing problems in your relationships. Getting drunk with your buddies, for example, even though you know your wife will be very upset, or fighting with your family because they dislike how you act when you drink.

Drinking as a way to relax or de-stress. Many drinking problems start when people use alcohol to self-soothe and relieve stress. Getting drunk after every stressful day, for example, or reaching for a bottle every time you have an argument with your spouse or boss.

Signs and symptoms of alcoholism (alcohol dependence)

Alcoholism is the most severe form of problem drinking. Alcoholism involves all the symptoms of alcohol abuse, but it also involves another element: physical dependence on alcohol. If you rely on alcohol to function or feel physically compelled to drink, you’re an alcoholic.

Tolerance: The 1st major warning sign of alcoholism

Do you have to drink a lot more than you used to in order to get buzzed or to feel relaxed? Can you drink more than other people without getting drunk? These are signs of tolerance, which can be an early warning sign of alcoholism. Tolerance means that, over time, you need more and more alcohol to feel the same effects.

Withdrawal: The 2nd major warning sign of alcoholism

Do you need a drink to steady the shakes in the morning? Drinking to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms is a sign of alcoholism and a huge red flag. When you drink heavily, your body gets used to the alcohol and experiences withdrawal symptoms if it’s taken away.

Just FYI:

Do you have a drinking problem?

You may have a drinking problem if you...

Feel guilty or ashamed about your drinking.

Lie to others or hide your drinking habits.

Have friends or family members who are worried about your drinking.

Need to drink in order to relax or feel better.

“Black out” or forget what you did while you were drinking.

Regularly drink more than you intended to.

Signs and symptoms of alcohol abuse

Substance abuse experts make a distinction between alcohol abuse and alcoholism (also called alcohol dependence). Unlike alcoholics, alcohol abusers have some ability to set limits on their drinking. However, their alcohol use is still self-destructive and dangerous to themselves or others.

Common signs and symptoms of alcohol abuse include:

Repeatedly neglecting your responsibilities at home, work, or school because of your drinking. For example, performing poorly at work, flunking classes, neglecting your kids, or skipping out on commitments because you’re hung over.

Using alcohol in situations where it’s physically dangerous, such as drinking and driving, operating machinery while intoxicated, or mixing alcohol with prescription medication against doctor’s orders.

Experiencing repeated legal problems on account of your drinking. For example, getting arrested for driving under the influence or for drunk and disorderly conduct.

Continuing to drink even though your alcohol use is causing problems in your relationships. Getting drunk with your buddies, for example, even though you know your wife will be very upset, or fighting with your family because they dislike how you act when you drink.

Drinking as a way to relax or de-stress. Many drinking problems start when people use alcohol to self-soothe and relieve stress. Getting drunk after every stressful day, for example, or reaching for a bottle every time you have an argument with your spouse or boss.

Signs and symptoms of alcoholism (alcohol dependence)

Alcoholism is the most severe form of problem drinking. Alcoholism involves all the symptoms of alcohol abuse, but it also involves another element: physical dependence on alcohol. If you rely on alcohol to function or feel physically compelled to drink, you’re an alcoholic.

Tolerance: The 1st major warning sign of alcoholism

Do you have to drink a lot more than you used to in order to get buzzed or to feel relaxed? Can you drink more than other people without getting drunk? These are signs of tolerance, which can be an early warning sign of alcoholism. Tolerance means that, over time, you need more and more alcohol to feel the same effects.

Withdrawal: The 2nd major warning sign of alcoholism

Do you need a drink to steady the shakes in the morning? Drinking to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms is a sign of alcoholism and a huge red flag. When you drink heavily, your body gets used to the alcohol and experiences withdrawal symptoms if it’s taken away.

I think in her case it's 'yes' to all of the above (apart from driving). Will look into getting her that help pronto!