The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

• 3 months later...

After a chat with Paul, I decided to get the Supra to Enfield within the next 4-6 weeks (depending on the weather). I don't (can't) want to wait longer ... time for the engine build has come. :)

Apart the pistons, all the parts have been delivered ; I want the car ready by march 2013 before the good weather starts.

I will post up some pics of the parts this week-end.

I hope that the 3" DP/MP combo will be good for 800 rhhp. In case it isn't, a 4" system needs to be installed.

I can't wait for the day to start the 400mls trip to Whifbitz.

@Jamie : I will give a shout when I pass to collect the head, clutch and the other parts.

• 1 month later...

The date is coming close.

I will get the Supra to Paul and Darren next week. This will give us enough time to get everything ready before the good weather season starts. :cool:

The last 2 remaining parts are there too.

- Big case TRD diff with solid mounts. Thanks Lee (P) for sorting this one out for me. ;)

- MAHLE 86.5mm

I can't wait to get this finally started.

I will keep you updated when the build starts.

Luc

nice one thats a long trip but worth it , are you going stright back , or staying in london untill its finished.

With all the parts that need to be installed, plus the complete engine build (rebore, assembly, calibration, etc), I will directly get back by plane. Once Darren has finished everything, he will give me a call, so I can arrange a mapping date with Ryan. I will fly over for that date, pick up the car, get it mapped and nail it back home over FRA, BEL and LUX motorways :D

Your's seems almost finished Mark : great monster build ;)

- - - Updated - - -

This sounds like a great build. Good on you mate.

Thanks mate. I knew I wanted the engine build already some time ago (to be on the safe side). Now, it's ready to start.

Cheers ;)

Little update. I will however swap my old BW 91-79 for a newer turbo.

I will give the BL366-HF a try.

http://www.theboostlab.com/store/products/BL366%252dHF-%28High-Flow%29.html

It should spool similar to my actual turbo ... the billet one should be slightly faster, and the 280cams will probably add a little lag. Both should compensate.

I don't want a bigger turbo, as my actual tubbie gives full boost at 4.1 rpm in 4th gear (and around 4.4k in 3rd). The new setup shouldn't be lazier than the actual one.

I'm ready to go.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning early at 03 AM. 4 hours drive to Calais. Then, take the eurotunnel to arrive in Folkestone at 0730 AM.

Then I'm heading towards London to meet LeeP to collect the TRD diff. Then, I will head to the north to get to Paul's in Enfield. Hopefully, I should be there by 10 AM.

I will then have to catch my plane at London City airport at 1500 o'clock to fly back to Luxembourg.

This will be a short night :D

Thanks a lot Jamie for dropping the engine head and clutch at Enfield today ;)

Thanks a lot Jamie. ;)

I got home today at 1800 o'clock.

5 mls before arriving at Whifbitz, I had one tire failure. Luckily, I have the tyre sure sensor system installed in the car, and saw the pressure dropping slowly on the rear right tire. I immediately pulled to the left to check. The air was slowly getting out. Having no spare wheel (as nothing at least 18 inch can fit over the Stoptech big brake kit), I drove at 5 mph slowly for those last miles to Paul. Luckily, the rim hasn't been damaged, as the tire was still completely on the rim.

Darren will however check to be sure.

Thanks a lot to LeeP for meeting me on my way to Enfield and dropping the big case TRD diff in my car. Cheers Lee ;)

Darren will start with the works soon.

After discussions with Paul, we will go for a 4" DP/MP combo to take the most out of the turbo. I want to come as close as possible to what the turbo is rated, which is 925 bhp.

I'm always running the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup (semi-slick tires), as they are very sticky.

Unfortunately, nobody over here can do me a proper geo alignement. The suspension (especially the rears) is very unstable and bounces sideways on uneven road surfaces. I guess the rear tires go that fast due to very poor geo setup. I will have it done at WIM in the UK, as everybody is more than happy with them.

I checked on my invoice; I did 450mls on those rear tires. I put them on last year in april (and the car wasn't driven between June and October), and they are completely gone. That's not normal.

Oh yes Mark, heading for 900bhp, but on a street setup. Spool should be quick, and this is exactly what I want. Full boost between 4000-4500 rpm, and rev limit to 8200.

@Paul : feel free to upload pics of the work in progress. ;)

Hi Luc, nice to see you again yesterday, always a pleasure.

I will update with pictures of everything as we go along of course.

First update is we've decided to have a billet compressor wheel fitted to Luc's standard Borg Warner S366 66mm turbo. I'll be sending that off next week to Boostlab in the USA, http://www.theboostlab.com/store/products/BL366%252dHF-%28High-Flow%29.html turbo should be capable of up to around 900bhp, according to the US power figures anyway!

I will be able to offer this service to anyone wanting their Borg Warner turbo turned into a billet version, PM or email me for prices.

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/forum pics/boostlab.jpg

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/forum pics/boostlab2.jpg

Blimey, can't believe you drove all that way on them, crazy man :D

Hehe .. I put new rear tires on the car 500mls ago Jamie. Unfortunately, I forgot to have a look before I left :D

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Paul ;)

• Luxluc changed the title to Luc's SRD1XXX Supra