The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kevin Huntleys engine bay revamp.

hodge

Bustin to get home and see the latest pics :cool: can't see them from work :(

Has it been done on an n/a before, if so has anyone any pics?

Yep, ive done an N/A the other week belonging to Stevo. I'll post the link to his thread so you can see how it looks. Would have looked loads better I'd he changed the airbox for a nice induction kit and relocated the battery to the boot.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bump for that thread!

I'd make the journey to Narnia for this!:D:d:d

Best start checking all your wardrobes lmao.

Looks very very nice! Looking forward to see when it's done :)

Do you have any hints for someone who never did something like this? Problems that occur on a TT etc? :D

Not really bud. It's just very time consuming that's all. I've spent almost 3 full days on Kevin's and I havnt finished 1 side as yet, even though I must have done 10 of these tucks. Just make sure you know what the wires are for before you cut them off or your going to end up in a ball of flames.

Big improvement already mate :)

Cheers Jamesy. Will look even better when Kevin get the inner wings painted in can't red like the car.

Massive improvement already. Are you going to give the bay a touch up with paint or are you going all out on it?

What do you extend the cables with John? I've got my alternator wire tucked up inside the inner wing but I haven't tried to wire it up yet. Might as well get what I need for extending before I even bother to try.

Cheers

How have you mounted the fusebox Rob?

under the headlight. made a sweet custom bracket up, looks really tidy and more importantly you dont need to extend much.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?236276-Gold-Rush/page57

remember the bottom of the fuse box needs to be cut off and re sealed

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

Not really bud. It's just very time consuming that's all. I've spent almost 3 full days on Kevin's and I havnt finished 1 side as yet, even though I must have done 10 of these tucks. Just make sure you know what the wires are for before you cut them off or your going to end up in a ball of flames.

Thanks mate! Hopefully not ending in a Fireball :innocent: :D

Wouldn't mind seeing that sounds good!

Here you go Tony. It's only one side so far but the loom running down the side of the wing is now hidden, The alarm speaker and wiring is all hidden to which makes a massive difference and a few other bits are now under the scuttle pannel.

Here you go Tony. It's only one side so far but the loom running down the side of the wing is now hidden, The alarm speaker and wiring is all hidden to which makes a massive difference and a few other bits are now under the scuttle pannel.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/SGTBossco/innerwing2.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/SGTBossco/innerwing1.jpg

Thats very neat though i feel it would only compliment a bling engine bay like youres. I'm not sure it would compliment mine though lol.

Cheers for the pics Bosco look forward to seeing the end result.

What induction kit is that it looks lovely? did it come with the pipe?

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/SGTBossco/innerwing2.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/SGTBossco/innerwing1.jpg

That looks really sleek, wouldn't mind seeing the whole engine once its done! (Dam another thing to add to my 'get it done' list lol)

Spent most of my time on the intake side today. cant across some unexpected issues and wiring confusion but got round it all I hope.

Its now starting to all shape up.

Ive now got the following fitted:-

Fuel pressure regulator

Ingitor pack

Resistor pack

HKS DLI

All associated wiring for the above.

Ive also ran all wiring and vac lines from turbo side to intake side under the scuttle panel.

Heres a fow pics.

Power steering tank now fitted.

Sorry for the poor pics, ill get some better ones tomorrow.