Kevin Huntleys engine bay revamp.

hodge

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks amazing mate but will the heat from the exhaust and waste gate not kill them silicone pipes in no time ? , and do you just cut the abs- trac box's off and cap the open wires or take them right back to source?

keep up the good work mate

The pipes will be fine as long as there not touching the bare manifold or downpipe. The pipes that were on the car were sitting against the manifold when it came to me an survived 2.4 bar.

Yeah they were cut out the loom and capped off.

I really want to be able to do this.

Do i have the balls to do it though?!

How did you start out doing this Hodge?

I just pulled my own car apart and kept wanting less and less in the bay so OCD kicked in and the rest was history really lol.

had a play around with the breather kit tonight. Not a long session really just tidying a few bits up really.

Ive fitted a new fuel line from the rail to regulator and refilled the PAS tank and primed it.

Tomorrow, ill sort the power cable out from the boot, romove the trac and ABS ECUs and if all goes well ill fire her up to make sure theres no issues with warning lights because of everything ive pulled out.

Heres a couple of pics of the breather setup. kevin wanted to retain the catch tank and the recirculation pipe into the intake.

Looking good would like to have a stripped down look.its knowing what you con do without.What sort of cnc machines you use at work.i work on a computer controlled cutting machine in a printing/envelope making place.great to see your progress gives people ideas to try.

There milling machines mate. Mostly with fanuc controllers.

I've used most makes of machines to be honest, Mazak, Mori Seki, Haas, Cinzanati, Bridgeport etc etc. it's not a bad job to be fair, it pays for my very expensive hobby lol.

Great work as always hodge, your really tempting me into doing something with my engine bay but have a few questions about the abs removel.

Is the thing under the master cylinder the booster pump?

After removing the abs and trac pump and all it bits what way do you link the brake pipes up again or just run new brake pipes from the brake master cylinder?

Will my UK spec brakes still be good with all removed?

Edited by Stephen G (see edit history)

A 14hr session on the car yesterday for me and bossco.

I got her running at 1st just to check there was no wiring issues or fuel leaks ect. before this I relocated the battery power cable through the bulkhead instead of through the inner wing so it wasnt visable.

I then refitted the intake pipe on the turbo.

ive removed the dash and removed the ABS, Trac and active spoiler ECUs.

then I moved on to the boot. ive removed all the safety requirements for the drag racing, i.e battery cut offs ect, ive removed the wiring for the old ICE install Kevin had in which was removed for drag racing too. the fuel pump relays were just lying on the boot floor so ive mounted them on boot wall and tidied up all ther fuel pump wiring too.

Once this was all tidied up, the battery location stuck out like a sore thumb so I just had to move it. Soooooooo, I make a holder for behind the back seat where the stock sub box goes into to mount it into there.

The rear wiper has also been removed and the wiring and pipework for the washer bottle relocation has been ran into the boot.

heres a couple of pic of how the boot looks now. its a far cry from how it was thats for certain. ive still got a new boot floor to make just to finish everything off nicely, but for now ive just stuck the boot carpet in for effect really.

fule pump wiring and mounted relays.

swirt pot and fuel lines

CO2 intercooler spray.

battery relocated in custom housing.

and finally this is how it looks with the carpet in.

I would need to get a daily to be able to take the supra to parts and tidy things up.

where would you place the battery with an Aerotop? I had a little look through your build thread, but my god is it long! >.

I would like to move the battery in the boot and have a small sub hidden away to help have better sound quality.

Joe