The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kevin Huntleys engine bay revamp.

hodge

I would need to get a daily to be able to take the supra to parts and tidy things up.

where would you place the battery with an Aerotop? I had a little look through your build thread, but my god is it long! >.

I would like to move the battery in the boot and have a small sub hidden away to help have better sound quality.

Joe

The battery fits perfectly behind the back seat. You can fiberglass a box in the spare wheel well.. Will still leave plenty of room for the roof. Ive made a couple of these with a false boot floor. Very tidy indeed. I'll see if I can ind a pic for you.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work mate, i think you should open a supra workshop, members need somebody that can do neat work up that way, very evident you take a lot of pride in your work. :thumbs:

^^^+1 for that mate!^^^

Thanks so much guy.

I have thought long and hard about something of the sort.

Never know what might happen in the coming months.

I really do enjoy doing it.

I would need to get a daily to be able to take the supra to parts and tidy things up.

where would you place the battery with an Aerotop? I had a little look through your build thread, but my god is it long! >.

I would like to move the battery in the boot and have a small sub hidden away to help have better sound quality.

Joe

If you want to be really trick you can cut a Bat size hole above the backbox and make a sunken box to put the battery in, that way it can be isolated from the cab, batteries inside cars are not a good idea unless they are sealed for life or gel type like my little race batteries, they are also very dangerous if they break free in an accident.

If you want to be really trick you can cut a Bat size hole above the backbox and make a sunken box to put the battery in, that way it can be isolated from the cab, batteries inside cars are not a good idea unless they are sealed for life or gel type like my little race batteries, they are also very dangerous if they break free in an accident.

Totally agree with above. A sealed battery should be used in the boot.

Here you go dude.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/Shineypics/69432aed.jpg

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/Shineypics/073861d5.jpg

There's a fiberglass box inside wheel well with the sub in and the boot floor sits over the top of the sub so it looks countersunk. A grille can be added over the sub to protect it if needed.

That looks extremely neat and tidy. I would put a grill over it, just incase.

Looks perfect for an Aero, More than enough room for the roof still. I have used fiberglass before. I will need to practice a lot before tackling something like that :)

Nice work there John, we are going to be doing more of this sort of thing with custom looms etc, you need the patience of a saint to do it nicely !!!! and the customer has to really understand the length of time some thing like this takes, the blue project car will be done like this.

Nice work there John, we are going to be doing more of this sort of thing with custom looms etc, you need the patience of a saint to do it nicely !!!! and the customer has to really understand the length of time some thing like this takes, the blue project car will be done like this.

Totally agree, fiberglass installs are so time consuming it's unreal. I've done a few of these now. The last 1 I did in my blue supra too 50 man ours and a had Bossco over to help too, so god knows how long it would have taken my if I did it be myself.

I did a thread on the install, I'll dig it out it's a pretty interesting read.

That is awesome Hodge! :)

Looks as though you made 2 with a gap in the middle so you can still get to the fuel pump?

I bet that was immense.

That's right, I made 2 seperate boxes. I only had 2 subs running at first and it was so loud and clear it made my hair and ears move at 75% volume.

Looks perfect to run some heavy metal music through it :)

Or just for a laugh, do what Sean Lock says.. Play a Book and Tape at ultra high volume, just to freak people out :)

I want to up grade the sound in the car. You have 6x9's in the back also don't you?

No mate. No rear speakers just components in front and subs in the rear.

I fitted some 6x9s to Bosscos car in custom pods. Then attached them to the rear quarter holes where the stock speakers went. Looks like they were ment to be there.

Made a boot floor for this today. The stack carpet has about had it. And seems ive moved the battery there was a huge hole in the carpet where the box used to be.

I used a sheet of 11mm MDF, guessed the size against the stock carpet then trimmed it to suit.

Trimmed it to fit around 1 of the swirl pot pipes.

[img]http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/Shineypics/38f445ea.jpg[/img]

Check to make sure the CO2 bottle still fit.

Trimmed the wood with accustic cloth leaving enough material on to cover strut towers and around the cage.

And finally everything back together.

Thanks mate. Just the washer bottle to go in the boot then that's the rear of the car finished.

I've got a coolant line to fit into the top water elbow, brake lines to order and fit, and a switch panel to make for the interior armrest then it's all finished.