The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kevin Huntleys engine bay revamp.

hodge

Great progress John! Really coming together now.:thumbs:

Im quite happy with how its going. I did say to kev tonight it would really benifit from another engine loom and throwing a syvecs in there too.

Wastegate and vac lines to all plum in tomorrow.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazing bud :cool: I'd love to have the skill to do that.

Say there was an owner that hadn't much of a clue about what wires are what :innocent: are there any straight forward bits that could be done that would tidy it up a bit?

If you cut a wire, extend or move it and connect it back up where you want it you cant really go wrong if you take your time and dont get distracted.

Hey Rob, think Im going to get my friend who does airbrushing to take alook at the engine bay, hopefully I can spray all the visible areas, with masking and moving a few bits around. Don't think I can deal with removing the engine again....lol

does look good already. Is Kevin going to have the bay painted at some point? engine out job?

Spent quite a bit of tim etidying stuff up today and finishing parts off.

I spent a good 2 hours plumbing in the twin wastegates trying to keep everything as tidy and consealed as posible. im quite happy with the way its turned out.

Loom tape arrived today, about time too.

So after the wastegates I got stuck into the loom tidying that up and loom taping it all together, as previously it was just wrapped in electricians tape and it had gone all hard and was coming off with the heat.

Ive removed quite a lot of wiring as you can see.

heres a few pics how it looks at present. All i need for the bay now is some brake lines and some more red hoses.

that looks great. i would change the intercooler couplings to black and also the red vacuum pipes to black, would look classy and wouldnt stick out like a sore thumb

All hoses are getting changed to red Rob. I'm just waiting on Kevin sorting the new hoses out. Once the bay is painted in candy red they'll blend in very nicely.