The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Think im done.

The Raven

Slap yourself in the face Raven in front of a mirror, if you have trouble getting a little kid and dog in the Supra then God help you! I have managed to get so many things in the Supra it is beyond unbelieveable. A little trip to IKEA ended up with me getting a 8 drawer cupboard & a book shelf with 8 compartments (6ft). Managed to get them all in, including myself and the missus (though we had to have the tailgate slightly open).

Get the dog on the back seat bench and your son in the front.

Sorted. :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about spending a bit on the van. If it hasn't got a bulkhead you could fit some ex minibus seats in the back (dirt cheap if you know where to go). No idea what your business is or what size van you have but otherwise I would suggest you upgrade the van - Mercedes Vito vans (and others) can come like this as standard and are a great van I think (I have a Sprinter) and can be quite car-like. The advantage is this will go through the business to save a bit of Tax and you get to keep your toy.

Would you really want the dog in your new EVO any more that you'd want him in the Supe? HTH

If it has got a bulk head you can still fit seats in the back, it will be like a dark roller coaster. 6 people sitting in pitch black while you drive at the front. cool

Seriously, as Abz said, if you can't fit a small child and a big dog in a Supra.. you aren't trying.

I've moved house with my car. I've also had 4 adults in it at once. And I'm not even good at packing!

Although, if you are going to replace the Supra, I vote also for Aristo - bigger, fatter, and yet still faster than your current car.

I'd be interested to see how much it would go for given the history and the build, but not that much that I'd want to sell up. Mine's my daily driver, although admittedly the missus has her own car too. I've 2 kids (age 9 and 10) and a small dog and we all go out in the Supra at least once a week for 20 mile round trips, with the odd 50 mile trip too. It's a bit of a squeeze but it's not too bad, I'm a fairly big guy too.

Slap yourself in the face Raven in front of a mirror, if you have trouble getting a little kid and dog in the Supra then God help you! I have managed to get so many things in the Supra it is beyond unbelieveable. A little trip to IKEA ended up with me getting a 8 drawer cupboard & a book shelf with 8 compartments (6ft). Managed to get them all in, including myself and the missus (though we had to have the tailgate slightly open).

Get the dog on the back seat bench and your son in the front.

Sorted. :)

LOL. Well the boot is full of ICE. The bench? Have you seen the dog?

http://www.5stardog.com/gallery/picview.asp?img=images/Dogue%20de%20Bordeaux/8099034233178L.JPG&id=317

He should be between 100 and 130 lbs when grown.

Dont get me wrong i got my son, his pram and bag (when he was little) and the roof in the boot before. Even posted up here showing pictures, just today was a pain. With the roof off it makes life a bit better as i dont bash my brains out trying to get my son in the seat.

buy a m3 then you will both be happy..iv had 2 and ther great;)

.as i said thay dont look like a supra but ther faster then some and handle better in the right hands i used to hit roundabouts at 80 90 mph ..ther the best fast family car,,or a m5:eyebrows:

Are we really down to this level of posting?

Unless these roundabouts where in the middle of a motorway?

I used to drive dead fast in places that I shouldn't and I have beaten loads of people up etc etc.

H.

.as i said thay dont look like a supra but ther faster then some and handle better in the right hands i used to hit roundabouts at 80 90 mph ..ther the best fast family car,,or a m5:eyebrows:

Dear God. PLEASE try to type clearly. That's just awful.

No you didn't.

LOL. Well the boot is full of ICE. The bench? Have you seen the dog?

http://www.5stardog.com/gallery/picview.asp?img=images/Dogue%20de%20Bordeaux/8099034233178L.JPG&id=317

He should be between 100 and 130 lbs when grown.

Dont get me wrong i got my son, his pram and bag (when he was little) and the roof in the boot before. Even posted up here showing pictures, just today was a pain. With the roof off it makes life a bit better as i dont bash my brains out trying to get my son in the seat.

That's not a dog, that's a bear! :D

I absolutely do not understand why supra guys are just not interested in aristo's??? You get the same performance in both handling and power, you get the same parts fit both cars so your stash of performance stuff goes straight on. It outperforms all the competition in its class ie M5's etc. They generally have lower miles than any of the competition, higher spec and aren't as volatile as the likes of evo's etc. A 600 bhp aristo could well be had for £4k Michels fully rebuilt single MK2 when for less than the engine was worth to a guy in Germany that had me slack jawed in amazement. I would understand it if the car was a minger but there are some class bodykits etc for the motor. In the states they'd kill for an aristo but make do with the N/A GS and pimp those right out.

If you can't get your nipper and 'bear' into a Transit, how will you shoehorn them into an Evo? :think:

work van full of stuff as most vans i bet.

why dont you just walk the dog( bear) around the block.

See Russ, told you it was a bear! :D

I absolutely do not understand why supra guys are just not interested in aristo's??? You get the same performance in both handling and power, you get the same parts fit both cars so your stash of performance stuff goes straight on. It outperforms all the competition in its class ie M5's etc. They generally have lower miles than any of the competition, higher spec and aren't as volatile as the likes of evo's etc. A 600 bhp aristo could well be had for £4k Michels fully rebuilt single MK2 when for less than the engine was worth to a guy in Germany that had me slack jawed in amazement. I would understand it if the car was a minger but there are some class bodykits etc for the motor. In the states they'd kill for an aristo but make do with the N/A GS and pimp those right out.
They are brilliant cars, I personally don't perfer them as I don't require 4 doors but when I do then without a doubt I'll be taking a look at them. Their was a black one at the Pod & it was emrassing stock TT's!