The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra why it so good?

k9l3

theres a man who knows what he is talking about, although I am biased :D

your car is exactly how the car should be standard. yours looks modern with them few add ons. and looks nice :)

thanks mate!

you got remember though they are cracking on in age now, so they will look dated against current cars of the time.

but imo most old cars that are icons are dated in certain ways,

imports- supra against R35

muscle- 70's charger against modern day mustang

a couple of examples but does not make them any less special.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks mate!

you got remember though they are cracking on in age now, so they will look dated against current cars of the time.

but imo most old cars that are icons are dated in certain ways,

imports- supra against R35

muscle- 70's charger against modern day mustang

a couple of examples but does not make them any less special.

I agree 100%

I think my car looks way more modern than a stock Supra. I know everyone is biased to their own opinion here but to be cut and dry and say that stock looks more modern than modified is just unbelievably naive...... IMO :D

I had to bring in my V5 6 months ago, to prove the age of my car as one of the guys in work didn't believe me. If that's not a convincer for how modern it is I don't know what is.

At the end of the day who cares who thinks stock is best who thinks kitted is best etc etc everyone has their own taste and opinion and its your own car so it doesn't really matter what other people think does it aslong as you like it- just my 2ps worth

At the end of the day who cares who thinks stock is best who thinks kitted is best etc etc everyone has their own taste and opinion and its your own car so it doesn't really matter what other people think does it aslong as you like it- just my 2ps worth

That's the way I feel about it too, I just couldn't get past the ridiculous "modified looks old" comments just because those folks prefer stock.

In my opinion, I done the bodykit thing, I've cracked and repaired many a bumper and side skirt, so now driving a lowered stock car is a dream, all about the power now for me' and all those years ago when I had a saxo I wish I spent the £6k on a engine conversion and bodies, not the bodykit etc.

However done tastefully, such as yours Scott, it can look great!

Koenigsegg? For true?

What?

It's FOR SURE

Repeat after me..."FOR SURE!"

Ask any F1 driver. They'll tell you

P.s. Jenson is a close personal friend of mine, as is Filipe. He'll tell you.

For sure.

Personally I hate the way Astons now look like Supras with Blitz side skirts and Trial rears. It's shocking.

Yeah, I think they look good with toyota skirts and spats. The fron end looks a little bit dated now.

10 years ago when I had my first supra, it was the mutts nuts in standard form. But then, there werent many about - now theres loads!

Out of those pics, the Supra looks waaay more dated, but that is mainly down to the pre-facelift front end(especially the lights, pre-facelift lights really date the car) and also the naff looking wheels/seats.

..and the faded lower lip and sills.

What?

It's FOR SURE

Repeat after me..."FOR SURE!"

Ask any F1 driver. They'll tell you

P.s. Jenson is a close personal friend of mine, as is Filipe. He'll tell you.

For sure.

Personally I hate the way Astons now look like Supras with Blitz side skirts and Trial rears. It's shocking.

Anyone can say "for sure", but "for true" and "for serious" is just for comedic effect.

So :p to you!

:)

Why would you want a nearly 20 year old design to look more modern?

You wouldnt whip the chrome off of an E-type and bung on a £145 front bumper you bought off of Ebay in an attempt to modernise it.

I think the chaps in the past that have "modified" Supras (in particular, whoever called the shots on the F+F car!), probably hit the mark at the time but when I look back at the F+F car for example, I cringe.

I really like the trial rear/TRD spoiler combo, but again, in time it will probably look dated. Cant beat the stock look, its a classic

excluding wheels, exhaust, HID's, spoileress option, de-badging, and interior modification - terms and conditions apply, always read the small print

I have painstakingly removed all of my veilside kit and replaced it with stock (with front bumper lip) and much prefer it....saying that if i was ten years younger the veilside kit would have been exactly what I wanted as a young 20-something - although I would have probably written the car off back then too!

Why do I think the sup is so good:

reliability - to date I havent come across another car that doesnt have some form a cataclismic error that occurs at some stage in its life and thank you Toyota for putting togther such a good engine, for a car of its age, its nice to know where i stand with it and feal confident it'll just keep going.

Tunability - where else could you get a car up to 400bhp without really going to work on the internals and spending a fortune. Spend a bit more and you are talking some serious power - way more than you could get from any other car for the same money

Stylability (if thats a word) - So many different styles and combinations for how a supra looks and the vast majority I genuinely like the look of....if you look over other manufacturers, generally they all look similar with very few variations available to them to make them look individual to the driver.

Rear wheel drive with twin tubbies - recipe for fun all day long lol

well what ever the supra must have some type of tidy kit for it to look nice and modern now. and why would you not want your 16 year old car to look like it its newer then it is. the standard look is boring apart from the back. sorry its true a standard front to me is ugly and I would not be happy with it.

there a standard one near me and I don't even notice it half the time.

when car was 1st out I sure it was wicked looking. you wouldn't keep your 70s wallpaper in your house without updating . would you? :)

well what ever the supra must have some type of tidy kit for it to look nice and modern now. and why would you not want your 16 year old car to look like it its newer then it is. the standard look is boring apart from the back. sorry its true a standard front to me is ugly and I would not be happy with it.

there a standard one near me and I don't even notice it half the time.

when car was 1st out I sure it was wicked looking. you wouldn't keep your 70s wallpaper in your house without updating . would you? :)

Have a look through the thread I started (in the Multimedia section) from Supercar Sunday of my car next to the SL55. With the front spoiler down, I think it looks pretty modern (needs some new wheels though)!