supra why it so good?

k9l3

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, the topic you are on about has been done to the death. It isn't a stock vs modified thread or a styling thread. The thread has been about how modern the supra looks and why certain modifications make it look more/less modern. It turned that way on page one when the discussion was about the supra vs the 3000gt in regards to modern appearance.

Hence why I said to have a read at what other people think rather than just telling everyone what you think. If you had, you would have been able to join in the conversation rather than just starting your own ;)

You have misunderstood my comment I wasn't referring to stock vs modified but to the OP's comment about the Supra looking modern. Compared to most cars of the time the supra has aged much better especially to cars such as the 300zx, 3000gt and skylines who's styles look dated. But the most dated parts of those cars is the interiors which are wildly outdated but in my personal opinion the Supra interior wouldn't look too out of place in a modern day GT.

Well I think the Supra still looks okay for it's age and still has certain styling features that don't look out of place

As someone else has already said, it has classic lines which modern day GT cars still use. I was parked next to a brand new Jag recently and even Jen said how similar the lines were

I have gone from Stock to modied to modified again, the main reason I changed it again was to make it less aggressive put I also felt the kit looked a bit dated and wanted to bring back some of the smooth lines again

I know not everyone likes the Carbon bits on mine, but I was never really a fan of Silver and like the Carbon as it breaks up the silver

At a recent show I had the windows open on mine and I had a few people comment on how classy the interior looked

I also had a couple of people ask how old it was and they were amazed it was 16 years and my daily driver, people just assumethe car is only a few years old

The main thing for me is Supra's in most guises still hold the classic GT curves and this will never date, as they are the shape people recognise the genre of car wether new or older

My 2p on this topic:

I think the stock supra looks great EXCEPT the front bumper and the headlights.

The front isnt deep enough for my liking and even with a lip it sort of has an 'bolted on' look.

The light IMO look pretty dated with the lines in as well.

I searched through all the front bumpers i could and went with the one i though was most suited to the lines of the car, wasnt over the top and made the car look 'more modern'

I also delined my headlights.

photo 1 (9).jpg

Auto vs manual

:eyebrows:

why not :) I Would say on that one auto for everyday driving. but manual for track time definitely . I Would never say auto but it is a dream to drive especially in town or traffic which I do mostly in it.

why not :) I Would say on that one auto for everyday driving. but manual for track time definitely . I Would never say auto but it is a dream to drive especially in town or traffic which I do mostly in it.

He mentioned it in jest given the amount of auto vs manual threads there have been ;)

For me,

Why try and compare the MkIV to new cars. Lets face it our beloved cars were designed in the V late 80's and early 90's which makes the design over 20 years old. I for one think the original MKIV lines still hold up by the way people still look at the car BUT it's not a modern car in fact with people now buying classic car insurance it is probably heading that way more so and becoming a classic (we will all be anoracs and bolt counters soon showing our cars in concours competitions;) ) . The interiors again are 20 year old design and lets be fair a top of the range 2005 Mondeo probably has more technology inside it.

The thing is a TT still has very good BHP compared to a lot in the market these days even if the chassis may let it down now compared to newer cars. The good thing with these cars is that the market is out there for us to make our own individual changes to them and keep them on the road.

My personnal opinion is that the Supra is still the best car for me. I cannot stand Euroboxes (Audi & BMW included) as inside they all look the same and none of them have any character. As I cant afford a GTR or a new shape XK the Sup will keep me going for years to come and I love the original lines and the looks it gets when it's out and about.:D