The mkiv Supra Owners Club

forum owned track supras, register and chat thread.

dr_jekyll

.22 - .223 - .308.jpg

hang on...shooting?...scary!!! :D

A great day out though Jim. For me anyway, possibly not for whatever is on the menu that day.

It's only clays with the shotgun and bunnies with the .22lr rifle at the minute and soon enough wood pigeons with the 12 gauge once harvesting starts. Then ducks in September and pheasants come November. Yummy!

I eat everything I shoot, so I only shoot at what I'm prepared to eat and only bag what I can store. Apart from the clays!

Met a cousin of mine last weekend while down on a bit of his family land where I was plinking away at a few targets I set up to zero a new scope I got for the rifle. It turns out that he is a member of the Irish team that is going to Canada in 2017 for some sort of rifle shooting world championships. He told me to drop out to a range not too far from me, where he spends most weekends hitting 4" targets, at a thousand yards! I'll get a few cracks at these myself apparently, but with his .308 rifle & 55x scope.

The only way I could get a .22lr round near a target at that range would be if I put the bullet in my pocket, drove down to the target and stood beside it!

The difference in my round and his round is clearly evident in this handy picture

attachment.php?attachmentid=212204&d=1464353700

looking forward to seeing those weds on it bud :)

I really like to keep my audience waiting, don't I??

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

My track monster :)

supercharged with suspension mods, local is Brands, Goodwood, Thruxton and Castle Combe. Its running about 200hp on normal unleaded right now, it needs some more work on the chassis and I will be trying to see what we can get out of the supercharger setup with a couple of mods and vPower.

I also use the GTR now and then, but not as much as this thing, got to learn to drive since the GTR drives itself :p

GTR having some fun at Goodwood in the wet

Its running 650hp, newer suspension, ARBs, uprated brakes and R888 (going to R888R soon, so nervous about the wet conditions)

Definitely looks fit for purpose anyway mate, albeit a tad squat.

A bit more height on the springs and sidewall on the tyres could be just the ticket, especially if you're new to the hobby.

The car *should* react in a more predictable way, allowing you to explore the car's capabilities, which builds confidence in both yourself and the car.

Number one rule is to enjoy yourself!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thread resurrection

Oulton Dec16 with a few BMW friends. Slippery but had a great time.

Most recent Oulton Park with T2 MSW aka Big Mike, Havard on track

Planning Oulton 03Jun17, Caldwell (TBC), Anglesey (TBC) and Taking the wife to drive Curborough in a few weeks

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...