The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who here has the FASTEST broadband?

Septic

85Mbps download, about 20Mbps upload.

Then that is at work.

Home it's 50Mbps download, 10Mbps upload iirc with Virgin.

5Mb/s upload unfortunately, and that's if you have been upgraded. Think it was/is 1.5mb/s in the non upgraded areas.

Always seem to hold back a little with the uploading.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay the same as Ian R, at first they didn't let me have the cheaper and faster internet. At the end I have to cancel and start again, they told me I cannot cancel and re-start to get the current offer and I told them to F"£$ off and I will use my wifes name instead....then they said ok then you can cancel and start again without the 60 day rest period rubbish.

i would insult to you here, regarding how fast broadband you have, But Dam thats Impressive. :D

Im stuck with a piddly 11mb. :( Sky

I'm feeling a little inadequate here, 3MB

I guess its what you get for living out in the rolling Devon countryside :) Would I swap the astounding views and clean air for faster broadband....?

What are you moaning at??We have 1.5mps! Does that mean we have even nicer countryside?

Ping is the response time from the server you're connecting to (i.e how long it takes to handshake). It's not very meaningful with these speedtest sites, but if you play online games a good ping to your target server is essential to avoid lagging gameplay.

Virgin media still working great for me, looking forward to the free 100% increase in speed next month (100MB/10MB) :)

Out cousins in Scandinavia still have the UK beat hands down in the ISP wars as Fuldhat showed earlier in the thread. 100MB+ down and up is commonplace there :)

Dunno who's got the fastest but I reckon the Virgin Media transit vans are way faster than their 10meg broadband, what's all this cobblers about fibre optic, a chain is as strong as it's weakest link and that's the cable coming down my street!.