The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post JapFest pictures & Vids

The-Plethora

I feel for that R34 look like it was a nice car and money spent.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/151389-some-pictures-japfest-2011-a.html

hey theres Caroline top of post #14 you can see one of my trainers too good job you couldnt see me i would of been holding a camera that wasnt recording :( we seen him coming in then there was just an almighty pop and he turned the engine off and jumped out i felt sick watching this

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good day, really enjoyed it, unfortunately, I didn't meet anyone new this year, I was tired from an early start so I just hung around with the 'in' crowd:d

Didn't start the day well either as my shot valve stem seals were puffing out a ton of blue smoke in the queing into Castle Combe, then I managed to bend the wing where it meets the bumper after hitting a dip in the grass :(

Oh and thanks to George1200(I think it was you anyway) for helping me oput with my stand pass issue, much appreciated :thumbs:

Didn't get any pics either apart from these one's of mine and Rob's back at Kayla's either (aerotop TT6 posse :D):

Yep Corsa Vxr is mine and my mums (trudys) is the Vxr r, were both on vxronline if your on there

It was a good show, bit boring like last year though, food was for once a decent price but some people who drove in the Reading convoy really need to learn to check their mirrors after rob nearly got wiped out by a silver supra and a few near misses on the m4

Spoke to a few people from the club but think there was quite a delay getting in for some, Micheal I was very suprised you did not win tbh, the black scooby that picked up the prize was nice but nothing that amazing, your car looked stunning :) I spent most of the day just wandering around then in the drift pits as I lent Paul who drives the 2JZ G35 my cam belt tentioner so he could compete in the finals.

Saw Jamie P's car on the redline stand, drooled for a while before my girlfriend had to drag me off, or I would have been there all day, came down to the club but did not know anyone really, heard a few comments from passing people about my car/colour of wheels lol but no one apart from one guy spoke to me.

All in all a great day out, never been before but will deffo be there next year and hopefully will be at Japfest 2 :)

Cheers James, i was really hoping too but it was not ment to be lol, The scooby was very nice, i was shocked they only done first prize though, Your car was looking very cool mate, Like the very loud pink/red on your car mate

Yeah the NOS Purge kit on the Scooby was quite a crowd pleaser, he should have been closer to the poor R34 though, as the fire extingusher in the boot the purge kit was connected to could have come in handy lol.

There is only a first place for the £500 of tyres sadly, I just went for a laugh really but deffo going again. Your car looked lovely in the sun, and everybit of it was so clean and shiny so was very suprised the scooby won, but hey ho. Thanks for your comments the whole pink think is still a bit of a bone of contention on here but a lot of people seemed to like it at the show, if it as down to me you would have won :) and still cant get over the idiot that deciced to turn up and park his Audi TT in the awards section lol.

Had an awesome day at JapFest! Was good to meet a few club members and the cars on display were ace. I got some good deals on some shiny stuff, too, which is always a bonus! I didn't get a huge number of pics, but I'll load up the ones I did get in a bit - they're mostly of our paddock stand.

Big thanks to Lui for organising everything and for letting me have my car where it was - it made my day, really!

Oh and thanks to George1200 for helping me out with my stand pass issue, much appreciated :thumbs:

No dramas, matey. Glad I could help!

Oh and Ellis, are you aware of the "show chick" draping herself over your car for a myriad of photos at about 1530? I think you were elsewhere at the time, but your car did admirably as a platform in your absence!

Edited by DaveR (see edit history)