The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I know TT supra prices a dropping but this is getting ridiculous!

ripped_fear

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the priveledge of owning both an Auto and a 6 Speed and the manu is definately better. The auto is good for driving round town, but lets face it, we get these cars to enjoy driving them fast, and a big part of that is changing up the gears. Auto's are boring to drive IMO.

Guest Goughy
I've had the priveledge of owning both an Auto and a 6 Speed and the manu is definately better. The auto is good for driving round town, but lets face it, we get these cars to enjoy driving them fast, and a big part of that is changing up the gears. Auto's are boring to drive IMO.

Cool thanks, nice car btw!

The saving grace of auto tt's is that the engine is so naturally torquey and the autobox is so good and hence why they have such a good following and reputation and owners rightly defend them. They are perfect for a gt car that is used for gt'ing! the manuals shine when you are trying to extract more of the sportiness/playfulness/involvement from the car or when going for big power. If all manual supras were somehow wiped out from existance i'd go back to an auto tt without considering say a manual 350z or mr2 turbo........

I take it you have never driven any recently Ferrari's, Bentley's, Aston Martin's, Lamborghini's or Maserati's? ;)

I take it you have never driven any recently Ferrari's, Bentley's, Aston Martin's, Lamborghini's or Maserati's? ;)

To be fair though they all use high-tech double clutch 'boxes with paddle-shift changes... quite a different proposition. I'd kill for a single Supra with one of those.

To be fair though they all use high-tech double clutch 'boxes with paddle-shift changes... quite a different proposition. I'd kill for a single Supra with one of those.

One of our members is about to start work on a paddle conversion for the auto box iirc.

No but ive passed a few,;)
Now, that doesn't surprise me! :D

Yep, but they do without a physical leg clutch and no hand action, instead just a click of a finger. :)

One of our members is about to start work on a paddle conversion for the auto box iirc.

I think David is working on that one.

Auto bpu (maybe small single?) is more fun than a manual. Kickdown on bpu is insane :eyebrows:

Agreed. Has every benefit with none of the downsides, I was never into auto until the supra, now tbh I'm not sure I'd really like a manual. Mine is a daily driver so for 99% of the time the auto is just plain awesome. The 1% of the time I would like to play in a manual doesn't cut it for me