The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new supra owner 900 hp t51 spl

scoooby slayer

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have checked rear suspension and shocks were on almost full hard ! softened them off so should help with more squat to aid traction as it is spinning at 100 mph and below at the moment.

original narrowband was redundant so ive use the base plate as an adapter and welded an 18mm 1.5 boss in for bosch lambda, now have aem wideband in car.

once ive got more traction im of back to tdi as sam thinks cam timing is far from optimal at the moment with some cam timing tweeks he can get it back up to 780+ rwhp as its currenty running 760 so about 870 fwhp.

i just cannot get traction below 4th gear unless i only use very light throttle !

graph shows just how bad traction is

i have 305/30/19 pirelli pzero rear tyes but im going to change to toyo r888s which im hoping will help a good bit, i have hks suspension with rear shocks on full soft, i can bounce the back end abit without to much trouble so i think it must be transfering some weight onto the rears, what lb rear springs are people running at this power level to get grip ?

Your problem is the 19" wheels, the rubber band tyres have no give, get some 18" or even 17" rears with some decent tyre profile, the ccw package is very nice, 17x11.5 that you can fit a 315/35/17 R compound tyre on.

whats the ccw package jamie ? i dont think the pirellis are doing me any favours, im looking at r888s.

I dont have my old dyno graph went with the car when i sold it, JamieP did have a nice video of it but i check his youtube account and its no longer on there.

Mine was just insane 900+ hp which mine made is just another world

I just checked the ECU register and you didn't post the updated graph in there either :(

i cant do it i love these rims, 2 things i have noticed i have 10" rims with pzero 305/30/19s on and they are ment for minimum 10.5" rims, they bulge out massivly on the sidewalls which cant help tyre contact on road imo so im going to order some 295/30/19 toyo r888s tmrw and look at suspension if i still dont have traction in 3rd.

i think i can only get a 30, il go check toyo now ....

the only 35 they do is a 235/35/19 !

i know what your saying though lee i just want the best tyre i can get for the rim for road/track and i am going to get some 17" for drag, i need 17" to fit over my greedy 330mm rear brakes.

Edited by scoooby slayer (see edit history)

Very nice car :) Enjoyed the video, but it would be good to see more on the road and dyno ;)

i didnt record the dyno runs, i forgot

there will be more though at some point as 800 rwhp should be achieveable. firstly though i need to get the car so i can use what it already has.

I ran a higher side wall on my Single, it gave a much better performance on the strip, however I was not a massive fan of the looks, I will go with a drag style wheel on the rear for my next set up,17" for example

I like that look, what size wheels and tyres was that?