The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new supra owner 900 hp t51 spl

scoooby slayer

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just had the clutch out of the car flywheel bolts hadcome loose so used new arps.

anyways while the exhaust was off i thought id have a measure up and the system is actually 4.5" bore in the downpipe and centre sections ! it then splits in 2 which look like 2.5 - 3" i forgot to measure those,

makes it seem abit more worthwhile the previous owner going custom as 4" seems to be the biggest available of the shelf.

• 2 weeks later...

phoned up paul at whifbitz wednesday at 4 pm, i was flapping about trying to cure a misfire he had some ngk racing 9s and superspark coilpacks on the shelf, good price and i could collect first thing thursday morning, very helpful and

parts in stock, also does carbonetics full rebuild kits at an amazingly cheap price so i may be keeping it now and doing a proper rebuild on my carbonetics triple when it fails next time.

pod tommorrow fingers crossed she holds together lol

I remember this car was up for sale a few years back and apparently was converted TDi who changed from a VVTi to a non with the first HKS 3.4 stroker kit in Europe. Is it still the 3.4 or did it revert to a 3.0 in one of the 3 rebuilds?

its still 3.4 as my last dyno chart shows 100 rpm quicker spool on same turbo but bb, i have the magazine and yes it was the first in europe.

out of interest how much is the rebuild kit on the carbonetic triple?

paul said around £800 with the vat which is good for a full rebuild kit imo, clutch held up well today the best i managed was 11.9 et and best mph was 134 with 60fts ranging from 2.2 to 2.7 seconds lol

couldnt burnout or launch hard as was getting major tramp, i have slight voltage issues now with i think heat soak in the alternator and fuel pumps getting noisier but it might just be voltage related not sure yet.

paul said around £800 with the vat which is good for a full rebuild kit imo, clutch held up well today the best i managed was 11.9 et and best mph was 134 with 60fts ranging from 2.2 to 2.7 seconds lol

couldnt burnout or launch hard as was getting major tramp, i have slight voltage issues now with i think heat soak in the alternator and fuel pumps getting noisier but it might just be voltage related not sure yet.

Misfire gone though?

• 1 month later...

well i did 11.9 at pod on a 2.4 60 ft, 1/4 mph 134 mph spinning upto top of 3rd gear.

i have now ordered a full carbonetics rebuild kit so clutch will be as new ready for next year :)

im not gonna use the supra for pod anymore as its my road car but will use it for anything rolling start and top speed.

im building something abit different for pod ..............

• 6 months later...

well the car now has a fully rebuilt carbonetics triple in it, ive done 100 miles so far running in only another 700 miles to go !

fuel pumps seem very loud but my base fuel pressure has been mapped at 4 bar ! so im seeing 6 bar fuel pressure at 2 bar boost !

once the clutch is bedded in im gonna run some extra earths and fit 2 new fuel pumps, i was told its on walbro 255s but how they cope at 6 bar i dont know ?

but just before pod i did take my mate out in the car and hit 168 mph and realised i literally had no fuel just above e ! maybe didnt do the pumps much good !

god knows why anyone would map a car at 4 bar base pressure when its only running the injectors at 80% is beyond me !!