The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new supra owner 900 hp t51 spl

scoooby slayer

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the engine Leon Green originally built, and the car it was in set alight on road test? An over 300 BHP power gain in 1000 RPM should keep your attention in the wet ;)

i think thats the other car tdi built originally.

actually thinking about it i phoned tdi north fisrt thinking they built my car but they said the only big spec supra they have built caught fire !

mine was originally built by tdi plc but has since been partially rebuilt by jdm.

Edited by scoooby slayer (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

well ive been down the road in it with boost controller off which is around 1.6 bar and it is truly insane :) it will break traction everytime in 3rd gear if full throttled. my sniffer is showing leaning off to 13 at top end so im off to tdis dyno on wednesday for a fueling check and hopefully power run at 2 bar. want to get to pod asap :)

i think my sniffer is picking up air from the 5" exhaust but better safe than sorry, tdi are going to try activate the display out for my navigator aswell.

Sounds nice, i see you want to get it to the pod, im thinking of trying out the Peak Performance Test & Tune Days, limited numbers so should be a nice day with no chavs.

If my car is fully mapped in time i might try the 22nd may.

http://www.rwyb.co.uk/performance.php

il see what happens jamie may even see you there :)

il see what wednesday brings on the dyno when she hits the limiter in 5th ! fingers crossed eh

Good luck, look forward to wensdays update, is Sam or Ryan mapping?

map should be fine as long as cam timing is still the same, im sure i was just getting reversion on my lambda but better safe than sorry.

sam is gonna dyno it and fuelling/det check.

the car hasnt done 1000 road miles since the map so hopefully all is still good.

il have a fresh graph hopefully for wednesday. they said it was a very comprehensive build originally with no expense spared.

if it wasnt for you i wouldnt of bought it as your car was the inspiration for me to get one :D

If I'm honest at 2 bar I thought it would be more, Wayne did 770rhhp at 1.7 bar same turbo, same dyno and on a 3.0L

It looks like the power drops off at 7000rpm what cams and springs are in it? Any head work?

I'd love to see an overlay of both the graphs to see how much the 3.4 helps low down.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

If I'm honest at 2 bar I thought it would be more, Wayne did 770rhhp at 1.7 bar same turbo, same dyno and on a 3.0L

It looks like the power drops off at 7000rpm what cams and springs are in it? Any head work?

I'd love to see an overlay of both the graphs to see how much the 3.4 helps low down.

cams are 272 11.5mm, standard size valves ported head. if you look at the old and new graphs it has gained 30 hp earlier low down and lost it up top, over 400 at the hubs by 4500rpm would indicate to me the extra 400c coming into play.

there is no doubt more in it but its pointless jamie its hard enough now trying to get traction as it is. can you get his dyno run and we can compare then mate.

there was no tuning done at all yesterday just check its safe fuelling and no det, its to rich aswell would make more power if fueling was around 11.4 but at least i have a bigger safety margin.

Edited by scoooby slayer (see edit history)

what spring rates you running on the rear mate ? if i can find some more grip id be happy to consider trying to find some more horses.

i think my car could squat abit more than it does to aid grip, my suspension is hks coilovers.

You got double valve springs in there or single?

I run Tein flex mate, i dont know the spring rate.

The 19's wont be good for traction, they only come in rubber band sizes, 18's with a bit of tyre profile will give a lot more grip imo.

so they tell me its got the same springs that tdi put in so havnt changed since last run, i dare bet inlet cam is set different hence giving me some considerable gains lower down at the expense of top end power, usually the way it works with cam timing.

from watching your videos you seem to have more grip i think so its something i need to look at. im gonna get some 17s for pod with taller tyres and see how they fair then mate.