The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new supra owner 900 hp t51 spl

scoooby slayer

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ive got a bit of a performance result. 3 runs first 2 are supra and last is old skyline one.

now you will have to disregard 1/4 time and mph as at present i have literally no traction under 100 mph !

but as soon as i hook into 4th i am putting all power down on the pirelli rossos.

run was done on lowest boost setting around 1.7 bar at about 680 rwhp and i managed 100 - 160 mph in 8 seconds. i hit 160 mph at 17.8 seconds on the red run

my r888s are on order as of dinnertime today.

Congrats on the purchase!

It's an amazing spec.

Traction wise you probably will struggle even with 888's if you keep the 19's..

Other option is get the syvecs and have Ryan set it up with the traction control.

ive got racelogic as last resort but i obviously want to get as much grip as possible first. the tyres have got a fair depth sidewall to be fair about 90mm.

i just saw your car on your page my god 1300 whp that must be insane mate, fair play :)

Edited by scoooby slayer (see edit history)

r888s on i have full traction in 3rd now on 2 bar boost :) it does squirm but doesnt break loose when tyres are warm, it feels like its going to take off 60 - 100 mph is 2.5 - 3 seconds :)

2nd gear still needs abit of lighter throttle though else its just 2 thick black lines at £50 a time lol

You just knocked 2 seconds off your 0-100 time, good work.

im getting there fella, on a hot day with hot tarmac and a perfect run i think i could crack 130 mph in just under 10 seconds, launching is the hardest bit but the 888s are doing well considering there still road legal tyres.

that is 100 mph, its 6 speed standard rations hits the limiter in 3rd at 105mph 7800 rpm.

Really? I'm sure I've been higher than that in 3rd.

Anyway, looking good. I take it the speed comes from the speed sensor?

Really? I'm sure I've been higher than that in 3rd.

Anyway, looking good. I take it the speed comes from the speed sensor?

Depends on the wheel size and what 6 speed box, V161 with stock wheels and 7000rpm limit will do 101mph in 3rd where a V160 will only do 92mph.

Info in this thread.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?29830-Gearboxes-Diffs-and-Speed-In-Gear

Depends on the wheel size and what 6 speed box, V161 with stock wheels and 7000rpm limit will do 101mph in 3rd where a V160 will only do 92mph.

I've got a 160 and I'm sure I was over a ton. Don't get me wrong, the limit due to the Mines is 8k and I wasn't really watching so I guess it's possible that I did go over. Also with the speedo error I guess it would show a fair bit over 100.

That's why I was asking if it was GPS or from the speedo. Speedo will read high depending on the tyre sizes, hence me thinking 100 was low.

Nice purchase - welcome to the club! :thumbs:

Awesome performance and like the looks other than the plant pot holes in the front bumper :)

3x rebuilds kinda reinforces to me to stay as Toyota as possible on the engine with a suitable single, cams and fuelling to see around ~600bhp throughout the rev range for reliable ish ownership. Kudos for running such an example to all you guys on here though, would love that kinda power in a Supra myself but couldn't be doing with the hassle! :)

Cheers,

Brian.