The mkiv Supra Owners Club

another dead supra

blossom

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear you are okay, very lucky! Good reminder to those who break down to get out!

With the price of fuel at the moment you would be right to drain the tank! Did the driver of the zafira explain what they were doing in order to hit your car?

Looks like a Seat Alhambra, which is lot bigger than a Zafira!

Also as for draining the tank just syphon it out. Or hit a WOODEN spike into it, to make a drain hole.

also don't wear anything with loads of nylon last thing you want to do is blow yourself up after surviving a near death experience !!!

also don't wear anything with loads of nylon last thing you want to do is blow yourself up after surviving a near death experience !!!

Lol will keep that in mind

Don't even want to see the car in the daylight, but I still have things in the car so will have to brave it

Steve asked him and he said he didn't know and started crying, the fact is 5 cars and hgv managed to get past ok without hitting me.

i had just put £80 of fuel in my car i was on my way back to newcastle.

It happens a lot, if a driver is sort of "zoned out" they will see a vehicle in the hard shoulder and something makes them steer straight into it. Its why the hard shoulder is no place to stop. Its not that he didn't see you, he DID see you and that's why he hit you.

It's quite similar to something I've often experienced when mountain biking, and read about also. You see a rock or stump you need to avoid but somehow because you are looking at it, you collide with it. One learns to notice it, be aware of it and then miss it. I think it still happens cos I sometimes hit my shoulder on the door jamb, even though I'm trying to get through the door easily.

It happens a lot, if a driver is sort of "zoned out" they will see a vehicle in the hard shoulder and something makes them steer straight into it. Its why the hard shoulder is no place to stop. Its not that he didn't see you, he DID see you and that's why he hit you.

It's quite similar to something I've often experienced when mountain biking, and read about also. You see a rock or stump you need to avoid but somehow because you are looking at it, you collide with it. One learns to notice it, be aware of it and then miss it. I think it still happens cos I sometimes hit my shoulder on the door jamb, even though I'm trying to get through the door easily.

Its called target fixation.

The guy in this scenario was just half asleep!

the police a prove it by checking his network i think

could you use the pump in the tank to pump out put a feed to it ?

Glad your ok and good luck shopping for a new one

Unplug the fuel filter pipe and put it in a jerry can/bottle and just crank the engine over, takes a while but you wont have to get messy :)

Nooooo way!!!!!! glad ya ok!!!!!!! i saw ya boyf asking anyone on here last night for a part to help you and then this happends! cant belive it

+1, also saw the thread but was too far away to help. Really glad you had the good sense to leave the vehicle. I hope you find another good 'un soon! Also hope that you and your blokes luck take a change for the better, it is about time it did!

+1, also saw the thread but was too far away to help. Really glad you had the good sense to leave the vehicle. I hope you find another good 'un soon! Also hope that you and your blokes luck take a change for the better, it is about time it did!

we think we have found a good one :) , i am going to have a battle on the price of what the car is worth today with a guy from admiral , should be fun , ive told the guy what i want already but if i get any cheek from him i will be telling him whats going to happen :D well hopefully :D and yeah dont think our luck can get any worse but that maybe jinksing the situation so i am just ready to see what the man upstairs is going to throw in next think i need a lottery ticket to see if karma works :(

we think we have found a good one :) , i am going to have a battle on the price of what the car is worth today with a guy from admiral , should be fun , ive told the guy what i want already but if i get any cheek from him i will be telling him whats going to happen :D well hopefully :D and yeah dont think our luck can get any worse but that maybe jinksing the situation so i am just ready to see what the man upstairs is going to throw in next think i need a lottery ticket to see if karma works :(

oo oo can we see or is it under wraps ??

Also as for draining the tank just syphon it out. Or hit a WOODEN spike into it, to make a drain hole.

Tanks plastic it makes no difference what you hit it with, i always drill em, a full tank of fuel is far safer than an empty one as the fumes are what explode not the liquid, still never managed to get petrol to explode by throwing a fag in it and thats 20 years of trying!!

Lucky escape, being in it would be bad enough as it was hit but getting out at the moment of impact would heve been curtains I think.

Tanks plastic it makes no difference what you hit it with, i always drill em, a full tank of fuel is far safer than an empty one as the fumes are what explode not the liquid, still never managed to get petrol to explode by throwing a fag in it and thats 20 years of trying!!

I'm glad you said all that, saved me the job :thumbs: :D