The mkiv Supra Owners Club

another dead supra

blossom

Well accidents happen but you should give yourself a big pat on the back for minimising the danger to yourself and others.

It just proves you can be the safest driver on the road but you have absolutely no control over what anybody else is capable of.

Glad to hear everyone walked away from this, as is so often not the case.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you're okay. I would have been there with an alternator if I'd seen the message in time (bloody computer packed up so didn't see the thread till late). How bright were your hazards? If the alternator had gone the car would have been running off the battery till even that had nothing left so I would have thought the hazards have been very dim. Even without any lights the guy couldn't have been paying attention to not notice the reflectors and must have been going a fair speed. Did the police say anything about it?

Thanks guys, just can't believe what has happend, and the only reason i got out the car is because of what happend to Steve last week, thank god i did

Always get off the boat!

Nearly every time I see a car in the hard shoulder, it has the driver sitting in it on his/her mobile phone. I guess people feel safe in their cars without realising they are in the exact opposite situation.

A sharp reminder of what can still happen when you think you are out of dangers path. Very smart move getting out the car, and its brilliant that you did and avoided being part of that.

Shame about the car, but like the others have said you are safe & well!

Can't believe it almost peeled the entire door skin off :/ did hold up remarkably well though looking at the 2 cars.

will do, seen a nice car on here, just need the insurance company to pay up.

does anyone know where the fuel drain plugs is on the tank?

With the price of fuel at the moment you would be right to drain the tank! Did the driver of the zafira explain what they were doing in order to hit your car?

thanks Joe,lol yeah tell me about it, hows you? haven't seen you for ages

I'm trooping on lol, just split with the missus, unfortunatley she's keeping the meerkats but they're still mine, so I have to visit lol, so to cheer me up I'm going to buy another supra for summer as I sold the skyline. Hope to see you happy in a new supra soon anyway.