The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRR club dyno day - May 28th (Surrey)

Homer

Great day out, hope everyone enjoyed the day :)

There was some very nice machinery there, for me the star of the day (aside from Jamies supra and Jay's F430) was Johnd-mkiv's E36 BMW, incredible workmanship, the pics in his thread really don't do it justice, I guess it has to be seen in real life to appreciate the work that's gone into it.

Nice to see some of the long term members today, some I've not seen for a year or several - Robbie, Imi, rxv8 to name a few. Also good to meet some of the newer club members too, a really good crowd today :)

Also thanks for Bignum and Imi for letting me drive your cars around the car park :D

I missed fearless's car run, how did it do?

I *think* it was around 540bhp and 560lb/ft at 1.2 bar :) Some issues came up but I don't believe it was anything Steve wasn't expecting.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great day out well done to all those involved organising it , nice to put a few more faces to names too. The bmw made 486 bhp gutted couldnt break the 500 mark but Ryan kindly stayed on to sort a couple of probs on me car it now flys:cool: after 2 hours of being in a car with exhaust droan and rattling windows I need some quiet time :D

Thanks for your comments much appreciated :thumbs:

The only downside is I seem to be a set of long nosed tweezers... you know who you are!!! ; )

No worries I will drop you a PM and get them out in the post for you on Tuesday :) , did you go off somewhere? Couldn't see you after.

A vid is just uploading at the moment, some of it has come out well, some of it not great. A nice range of cars there, always nice to have a few none supras as well. The sound of that V8 (Abz's chum?) has got to be the sound of the day, I want one now :(.

That was my first time at SRR and have to say the guys that ran it were brilliant, very friendly and good advice.

No worries I will drop you a PM and get them out in the post for you on Tuesday :) , did you go off somewhere? Couldn't see you after.

A vid is just uploading at the moment, some of it has come out well, some of it not great. A nice range of cars there, always nice to have a few none supras as well. The sound of that V8 (Abz's chum?) has got to be the sound of the day, I want one now :(.

That was my first time at SRR and have to say the guys that ran it were brilliant, very friendly and good advice.

My chum? You talking about the Black V8 Single Turbo at the end? That's Steve (Fearless).

The other V8, Raj (HER7O), that was the first time I met him! :D

Hi. Glad you know what i was trying to type there!...the word 'missing', was missing from the post. I'll PM you my address. Did you manage to get your error code diagnosed ?

Robbie! Did I even speak to you?!? I remember when I bumped into you in London (Silver Supra) and you followed me until you shot off into a small side road! I thought I noticed your car on the way out! :)

a fantastic result this! how are you getting on with the v8?

frankly i think its awsome, if u look at the torque and power curves and hear the sound u can see why, totaly linear power and steady torque, so its very stable and consistent to drive at the limit, this combined with the lower weight makes it much faster in the real world than it may seem on paper . .

Enjoyed yesterday, thanks to Darryl for organising, great turnout unlike my bhp :( but at least I now have something to work on ;)

Anyone know where I can get a packet of gold haribos :rolleyes:

you can get a packet hmmm not sure i want a gold pack but i'll get you a silver pack for pod ...

you can get a packet hmmm not sure i want a gold pack but i'll get you a silver pack for pod ...

:lol: still 3 months to go long time yet, you are welcome to the silver haribos I will be bringing home the :trophy:

Daryl thanks for organising such a good event :thumbs:

Was good to catch up with Steve, Imi, Abz and everyone.

Jamie, thanks for taking me out for a spin in. Never been in anything fast as that mate.

I sent you 2 videos. Took it when I was following in 430 and shows how fast yours accelerates when both of us going flat out. Would be good if you can upload it somewhere, got some nice sideways ..flames actions there :D

Jamie, thanks for taking me out for a spin in. Never been in anything fast as that mate.

I sent you 2 videos. Took it when I was following in 430 and shows how fast yours accelerates when both of us going flat out. Would be good if you can upload it somewhere, got some nice sideways ..flames actions there :D

They are a bit naughty for youtube, im going to save and couple of small clips and upload;)

I missed fearless's car run, how did it do?

I was hoping for a little more but VERY pleased with how this drives now that Ryan has worked his magic. The engine is tired and got low compresion on number 2 so looking for some good numbers next year :)

http://www.livefoods.co.uk/car/v8-t78-dyno.jpg