The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD - Ridox Single Turbo Project Build

Geo

Mines a non bb and has no issues with spool etc.

I honestly have no good reason for going DBB. It was just one of those "wants" if you know what I mean. I just wanted to spend the money once and have everything exactly as I wanted it, DBB was just one of the ticks.

The money involved for the gain isn't really adding up though, and with a 2nd hand one coming up it might be rather naive to dismiss it due to one, apparently minor, detail. The best price I've been offered on a new DBB is $1600 + shipping. I can get a non DBB for $1000 shipped so i'm thinking I might as well pocket, at least, the $600.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I honestly have no good reason for going DBB. It was just one of those "wants" if you know what I mean. I just wanted to spend the money once and have everything exactly as I wanted it, DBB was just one of the ticks.

The money involved for the gain isn't really adding up though, and with a 2nd hand one coming up it might be rather naive to dismiss it due to one, apparently minor, detail. The best price I've been offered on a new DBB is $1600 + shipping. I can get a non DBB for $1000 shipped so i'm thinking I might as well pocket, at least, the $600.

before i ordered mine, i had a good chat with Jamie about the non and dbb version, said there wont be much of a difference id like to see a graph with similar setup and see what the two are like???

before i ordered mine, i had a good chat with Jamie about the non and dbb version, said there wont be much of a difference id like to see a graph with similar setup and see what the two are like???

Buy yourself a DBB and take it back to TDI for a back to back dyno :D

Buy yourself a DBB and take it back to TDI for a back to back dyno :D

ha ha, nice try. Na if i change i'll be going batmowheel :D Well TBH i'll be having a chat with Jamie before anything else :D

With the car coming home soon, i picked up these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRAPER-2-TON-HEAVY-DUTY-AXLE-STAND-JACK-TONNE-LIFT-4-PK-/250655180330?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item3a5c36862a

I need to do some stuff when its home, one being to underseal the car. Messy Job but needs done. :D

That's a horribly sore job if you're planning on doing it on axle stands :)

That's a horribly sore job if you're planning on doing it on axle stands :)

Hardcore dude, not got access to a lift so on stands it is. :D if hodge can remove a gearbox on his back, makes my undersealing look like child's play. :D

I would use the brush on stuff if i was you mate, i undersealed my EK9 and bought a big tub of schultz and the spray attachment, when i done under the wings i opened up the bonnett and it had went all over the engine bay! spent the next few hours cleaning it off.

Little Update -

Well i picked up the car from Lee's on Friday, and Oh my God what a Transformation he has done, we rolled into SRD after a 2hr drive from the Ibis. Thanks to Liam and TonyTT for a lift down, cheers guys. Spotted lee and made a bee line for him, with the Biggest grin i think i've ever had, i think he thought i was going to maul him, ha. He said you excited, Hell yeah, so we went into see the car, :drool: WOW!! Can't thank him enough for building a quality car, it stood upto 2 days of 1/4 mile abuse, and the long drive back to scotland, without missing a beat, :thumbs:

The car got a Feature done in it, by an Aussie Mag Performance Import, so looking forward to seeing the pics from that, i will try and get some teaser pics from Iain who shot them. One also featured a Chinook Helicopter by pure luck as it flew past, :D Another thank to Lee for using his place for the shoot, the plan now is too use and abuse the car and use it the ways it ment to be done, none of this Ooooooh my cars nice and never use it crap, its going to be ragged. :D

I'll get some pics up at some point from Mrs Monsween(Ailsa) she took shed loads, :D

I'll get some pics up at some point from Mrs Monsween(Ailsa) she took shed loads, :D

That I did ;) I've uploaded them all now but will sort into a folder for you and send you the link. I'm pretty pleased with how they came out, hope you will be too :)