The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V8 Twin Turbo Project

Ryan.G

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the engine out of Ryan, and how does it sit in relation to the stock engine mounting holes on the subframe. I assume your having to make custom engine mounts and brackets.

Mine is out of a LS400 and a few things needed changing around but the Soarer 1uz drops straight in with a set of supra engine mounts.

Ryan

Mine is out of a LS400 and a few things needed changing around but the Soarer 1uz drops straight in with a set of supra engine mounts.

Ryan

Really!!!! I'm liking the sound of this.

Really looking forward to the developments.

Can I just point out that instead of being in here you should be making my loom adaptor :p

Ryan

IIRC:

you need a Soarer sump

the LS manifolds are a better shape for swapping round and mounting a turbo or two (but less efficient?)

the Soarer uses a hydraulic fan and the LS is a viscous fan, but you can fit the LS fan to a Soarer, or go electric.

the post-94 engines have weaker conrods

Internet research rather than experience, because I think a manual 1UZ in a Supra or Soarer would make a nice road car, even without forced induction (although what I'd really like is a Chevy LS, but that would be a lot more difficult). I'll be following this thread (along with the other UZ conversions) with a great deal of interest.

Got another one yesterday for £175! Spare for if this one goes pop :D

But seeing as Fearless's 1UZ with a T78 and a Syvecs is running 1.3bar now and has done 10 laps of the ring, llandow and more abuse im feeling abit more confident about what the 1uz will do. Has to be the right 1UZ tho ;) One has a much better bottom end as standard..

I know he had some setup problems to start with but sounds like its come together now? any dyno results?

I know he had some setup problems to start with but sounds like its come together now? any dyno results?

Had problems to start with because I tried to extend the 2jz coil packs to fit the 1uz (as I did away with the dizzys and HT leads) but once I got a set of coilpacks from a later Lexus that was sorted

Also had problems with oil temperature on track days but it only had a fairly modest oil cooler

I have another one to go in there now which will hopefully cure that problem and then it is down to see Ryan again for a full map and see what it puts out on the dyno. Just need to save a few pennies for a set of rear tyres, some road tax and a tank of fuel now :(

Mine has just been kind of thrown together so it will be nice to see a proper job done on Ryans and those turbos look awesome

IIRC:

you need a Soarer sump

the LS manifolds are a better shape for swapping round and mounting a turbo or two (but less efficient?)

the Soarer uses a hydraulic fan and the LS is a viscous fan, but you can fit the LS fan to a Soarer, or go electric.

Internet research rather than experience, because I think a manual 1UZ in a Supra or Soarer would make a nice road car, even without forced induction (although what I'd really like is a Chevy LS, but that would be a lot more difficult). I'll be following this thread (along with the other UZ conversions) with a great deal of interest.

Soarer manifolds are better for swapping around but less efficient bud.

Also Soarer doesn't have oil water exchange so misses power steering rack.

In a nut shell get a pre 1993 soarer engine and your laughing.

hi mate , as i said earlyer i will want to do this swap for my 2012 track car would you mind if i pepper you with questions when the time comes ?

craig

Yeah sure call me on 0800 800 800 :)

Ryan, are you taking the oil feed from? Assuming the sump was drilled and tapped for the return?

Oil Feed from Block, will weld fitting on sump

IIRC:

you need a Soarer sump

Soarer manifolds are better for swapping around but less efficient bud.

Also Soarer doesn't have oil water exchange so misses power steering rack.

In a nut shell get a pre 1993 soarer engine and your laughing.

I had a 50% chance of being right! :)