OEM Timing Belt

OEM Aux Belt

Brian Crower Stainless Springs & Retainers

Short Shift Kit

Bosch Fuel Pump & SRD Fitting Kit

19 Row Oil Cooler Kit with Mocal Thermostatic Sandwich Plate

ARP Head Stud Kit

Billet Timing Belt Tensioner Bracket

Precision 6765 Billet Turbo with Ported H Cover (HPS)

Titan (ATI) Crank Pulley Wheel

Aeromotive FPR & Fittings

Adjustable Vernier Cam Pulleys

Universal Oil Sandwich Plate with 4 1/8" NPT Take Offs

SPA Oil Pressure/Temperature Gauge

To Buy:

OEM Manifold Studs for Turbo

OEM Manifold Nuts

OEM Downpipe Nuts for Turbo

OEM Thermostat

OEM Sump Bolt & Washer

Solid Selector Bushes

Boostlogic 4" Exhaust

Clutch (RPS Carbon/Carbon is the preference at the moment)

Syvecs S6 ECU & Loom Adapter

Oil Pressure Sensor x2

Oil Temperature Sensor x2

Syvecs Wideband Lambda Sensor (For ECU)

Knock Sensor for Syvecs

Boost Solenoid for Syvecs

Switches & Wiring for TC & Boost

Getting there slowly but surely. The list constantly evolves as I think of things I need to do :)

Total spend so far is £8k. Approx 5k to go if the list stays as it is (I'm thinking of a cheaper clutch).

That's a lot of stuff to colour code! But seriously a top spec there.

As for the clutch, I'm just looking at the HorsepowerFreaks Bronze - getting good reviews.

That's a lot of stuff to colour code! But seriously a top spec there.

As for the clutch, I'm just looking at the HorsepowerFreaks Bronze - getting good reviews.

Looks a reasonable buy that. I'm looking at the funky looking hybrid one that M_Life linked to in the other thread. Have asked for some info on it.

What is the difference between sprung and unsprung with regards to driving?

It is what it is mate. i used to have a single disc clutch and it chatter as hell tbh. used both RPS max 3200 and ACT extreme on my Mk3 and both the cluches went into the bin sooner or later. i switched it for a tilton nascar clutch and modefied it to fit my flywheel. honestly i would just do the same again if i wanted lots of HP. all cluches that has pucks has rough engagement, high pedalpressure. my tilton had normal pedalpressure but was still rough since it had pucked discs. also pucked disces combined with a "strong" PP tends to eat alot more of the flywheel aswell. maybe its just me but i really hate thoose pucked clutches.

RPS/ACT single disc pucked= rough engagement,harder pedalpressure. (and imo they also dont like high rpm, High weight and resonble large)

Tilton/others multi disc pucked= rough engagement, normal pedal pressure,noisy

Carbon/Carbon organic disc=smoother, normal pedalpressure dont make alot of noise or atleast less noise. but they cost a fortune.

this is ofc my point of view.

I appreciate that mate. I honestly don't think I'm going to save enough to warrant going with a single disc to be honest.

I'm between the carbonetics carbon/carbon and the RPS carbon/carbon. I honestly don't know which one to go for. The only benefit I have with the carbonetics is that I can have it in next to no time thanks to Paul stocking them. But the modern RPS clutches really do have a lot going for them (full redesign etc).

I was thinking single disc until I added up the cost of shipping, the cost of taxes, the cost of the flywheel and the cost of new bolts etc, etc,etc. Yes I'll probably save a couple of hundered pounds but in the long-run... will I really save anything?

I want a reasonable pedal pressure with a workable engagement. At the same time I want it to handle absolutely EVERYTHING I can throw at it. With all that in mind I don't really think there is a feasible choice other than a carbon/carbon twin disc.

Money talks though, eh :)

Just painting different bits & bobs. Started off with the intercooler and the intake side piping. I only painted it as it was looking a little rough and didn't want it looking like a radiator at the front of the engine lol

attachment.php?attachmentid=137381&stc=1&d=1313662469

attachment.php?attachmentid=137382&stc=1&d=1313662469

Next up was the water pump, alternator and the pulleys. I've still got the AC pulley to do but I'm waiting on circlip pliers for that job. I noticed that my alternator isn't in the best of shape (one of the seals was in bits) so I've put up a wanted ad for a new one. This will give an idea of the look though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=137383&stc=1&d=1313662469

2011-08-16 19.48.26-1200.jpg

2011-08-16 19.48.36-1200.jpg

IMG_7287-1200.jpg

Always loved the look of your car, it's a fantastic Supra. Does painting an intercooler black not increase the heat soak from the engine etc and therefore lower it's efficiency ?

Cheers :)

I did think about that, in fact I put a thread up discussing that very subject :D (linky if you're interested :))

I have only put a very light coating over the actual core, if you think about the core it's 4" thick, the only part that's going to have paint on it is the very edge of the fins so the other 3.9" are coating free. I can't see any reason why this would effect the performace of the intercooler but I was very careful not to go nuts in that specific area just to be on the safe side :)

The only reason I could see the paint affecting the performance of the intercooler would be paint 'bunching up' at the corners between the fins, which would obviously stop air getting through where it could beforehand. However, this will be such a small net effect that's it is probably negligable. So basically, ignore me.

Sorry if I missed it but why are you going with a carbon carbon clutch seems a lot of outlay for your modest hp. (dont strike me down only my opinion)

No bother, I've been juggling it all in my head recently as it doesn't seem to add up... but...

I don't want a 6 puck (rough as hell) so my options are limited. With any of the options I will be buying a new flywheel so new flywheel bolts will be required (I think this works out about £400). For any clutch that I buy i'm going to be hit with import tax one way or another so by the time I add everything up there will only be a small difference in the overall cost.

If I go with the RPS Carbon/Carbon for example I will have that landed on my doorstep for about £1800, approx the same as the carbonetic one from Paul.

If I go with an RPS single disc clutch it will cost me around £650 to my door (this is the bottom of the range clutch), add in a new flywheel and bolts at £400 and it's going to cost me at least £1000.

For the £800 I get a clutch that will literally take anything I can throw at it (launch after launch if I choose), a pedal that's as light as stock, and discs that will last for YEARS.

If I save the £800 I get a heavy clutch, a harder bite and loads of hard launching will probably destroy it. I've also read they don't last as long as the carbon discs.

In the grand scale of things £800 isn't a lot of money for the peace of mind I am looking for. I only want to be on my back pressing this gearbox once so I need to make sure that I choose the right clutch in order to make that a reality :D

The only reason I could see the paint affecting the performance of the intercooler would be paint 'bunching up' at the corners between the fins, which would obviously stop air getting through where it could beforehand. However, this will be such a small net effect that's it is probably negligable. So basically, ignore me.

Yeah that was exactly what I tried to avoid by only putting a light mist over the core part of the intercooler. Laying it on too thick, even if it is only on a very small part of the surface area, would lower the actual flow over the fins.

By the way I'm not recommending that anyone try this, I did so at my own risk knowing the potential issues :D

700's the new 600

800 becoming moddest now:d

I get your point, I have the RPS stage 3 clutch and I happy with it but I am going to change it to a carbon carbon for the next round of mods.

Do you not find it grabby? I wouldn't fancy a stage 3 in traffic. I had a go in Geo's car and stalled it 3 times coming out of a parking space lol.

My other thinking is the next round of mods... I'm thinking of getting a spare engine next year and building it up so that I can up the boost of the tubby. I want to have everything already in place so that I'm not spending twice or building twice (other than the spare engine of course).

One of the guys in work had me thinking this way after making a VERY good point. He asked what my plans were after the single install, he asked if I was selling and starting something new. I explained that the Supra is the end-goal for me and I'm planning on keeping it till I can't get into it. He then asked what I'm going to do once it's finished then and I honestly didn't have an answer. I've done the outside, I've done the inside and I'm now doing the engine. After that it's "finished" so what will I do with myself when it's done. I then had the idea of building a spare engine in my spare time :D

It will never be finished you will want to change/new things come out as Im finding out now.

I only wanted around 600-650hp, Im now thinking of a colour change.

Look at Jamie as an example how he went through the different changes and he still wants to change things, its never finished

Sorry if I missed it but why are you going with a carbon carbon clutch seems a lot of outlay for your modest hp. (dont strike me down only my opinion)

Ricky from Preston, telling it how it is :D

Scott, in my humble opinion, go for whatever you can afford. I only have a 71 mm and I decided on a triple plate carbon because I wanted driveability/slippability with reasonable horsepower capabilities. I had an unsprung brass button clutch with the stock setup and hated every second of it.

It will never be finished you will want to change/new things come out as Im finding out now.

I only wanted around 600-650hp, Im now thinking of a colour change.

Look at Jamie as an example how he went through the different changes and he still wants to change things, its never finished

You guys are on another level from me though. I'm not a trackday guy, a 1/4 mile guy or a drift guy. I'm just a hobbyist who likes fettling with his car lol. The power of this car is wasted on me as it is, going for more power is going to be even more of a waste but as I said, it's my hobby. Yeah I take it for a spirited run every now and again, and yeah I might even take it down the strip a couple of times but other than that it's going to be cruising during the rare occasions I actually drive it (did I mention 3k miles since I've owned it lol).

I've taken the car pretty much as far as I can with everything other than the Single, which clearly I'm working on. After that my only thing to change is the wheels and possibly the engine for more power. It has a recent re-spray, I customised the body as much as I want to and the suspension is how I want it (other than the colour). During this build I'll be changing the wishbones, refurbishing the brakes and obviously putting a lot of power into it.

After that it's done I'm afraid. The ONLY reason I'm thinking about a spare engine is for something to fettle with so that I don't get bored, it isn't actually because of the drive for more power :)

Ricky from Preston, telling it how it is :D

Scott, in my humble opinion, go for whatever you can afford. I only have a 71 mm and I decided on a triple plate carbon because I wanted driveability/slippability with reasonable horsepower capabilities. I had an unsprung brass button clutch with the stock setup and hated every second of it.

Affordability isn't really my issue. I can pretty much save for whatever I want, time is the constraint there though. My real issue is value for money. As I said I dont' drive the car a lot but IMO £800 isn't a lot to ask for all the benefits I'll have with the twin plate over the organic single disc.

Only a 71mm? Mine is only a 67mm :D

I don't really know what your goals are for now. but when i build a car i tend to think "iam just going to do some moderate stuff with the engine" however it always comes down to a fully built engine with forged bottom and a head with biggervalves cams etc all my projects has somehow derailed during the build. so buying for future can actually save a bit of money aswell. you don't know what future will bring.

I don't know if people have done this but you could probebly try to get an ACT pressure plate or somthing and either use a stock disc or if there are any aftermarket organic discs as this will make the car alot easier to drive. higher pedalpressure but it won't be so agressive engagement. however its pretty hard to rate how long it would last and how much torqe it will withstand.

in the end for me i payed like 1800 for 2x crap clutches, first one lasted like 3 weeks and it should be like superheaveyduty, the ACT held up 1 (FREAKING ONE) pull and broke down during the gearchange from 2-3 gear. and almost cost me a gearbox aswell. i had to do some severe welding to the bellhouse after that one. so in the end my cluch cost something about 2200 since i custom built the tilton myself.