The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott M's Supra Build Thread

Scott

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a fair bit done today. Managed to pull the loom through the firewall, I still have a couple of connections to disconnect in order to get it right off, the gearbox ones I'm really not looking forward to. I removed the front drivers side drop link (all being replaced) & suspension (for paint) and then stripped the rest of the drivers side of the engine bay. I then gave it a thorough clean & degrease then gave it a quick blowover. Looking great in the flesh, will really come together once I've got the other side cleaned. I made a start by removing the PS reservoir and I took off the PS cooler.

Definitely adding a PS cooler to the list now, that thing is WAY past it's efficiency range.

attachment.php?attachmentid=137675&stc=1&d=1314036974

IMG_7313-1200.jpg

Whats the point in the charcoal canister. I mind Hodge saying to just chuck it.

Just seen the clicky that comes up. Easy to get rid?

I can't see it being that difficult to remove in BPU. It helps lower emissions as far as I know. Also, when you remove it you will most likely have a smell of petrol in the cabin. Heard quite a few people complain about that.

I can't see it being that difficult to remove in BPU. It helps lower emissions as far as I know. Also, when you remove it you will most likely have a smell of petrol in the cabin. Heard quite a few people complain about that.

I thought i would have this but no such issure, i have just sealed the pipe into the whole in the inner wing where the cannister used to sit, easy peasy

link the pipe work so it goes straight into the pipe at the bottom, so it exits below the engine. simples! that what i did.

I'm thinking about pulling it to be honest. The only thing holding me back is space..... as I don't have any lol.

What does the block weigh? Would I be able to lift it ok? I take it I just unbolt the bellhousing on the gearbox and then it's ready to lift off of the mounts?

I'm not hiding the looms, just wanted them out of the way so that I could get right in about everything :)

i would deffo lift the enging out. use a engine crane or what ever. i would remove the gerbox aswell as 1 set. and just unscrew the propeller axle, gear mount and lift it all out as 1 piece.

if you just want the engine out i still think you need to remove the propellar axle to be able to clear the pilot bearing for the gearbox that sits in the engine. since i havent removed any 2jz engines i dont know if there will be enough with a jack under the gearbox and lift the gearbox up to get em in that same lvl once you have cleared the engine mounts. so you can pull the enigne back and lift it out of the engine bay

cheers

Edited by Hellstrom (see edit history)

Unfortunately I definitely don't have the space to pull the gearbox and engine assy. I don't have a crane or a stand. To be honest it's not causing me any hassle at the moment. Very easy to work around, I was having a harder time shifting the loom about. Shouldn't be an issue once I remove the gearbox sensors.

Is this OK for a PAS cooler? I'm just replacing the stock bar thing as it's corroded quite badly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10ROW-MOCAL-OIL-COOLER-GEARBOX-TRANSMISSION-PAS-DIFF-/120765496004?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c1e2f3ac4

:D really? looks like you got a tidy system there

Yup definitely looks the part, very light and very well put together :D

Ahh nothing like a fresh turbo, did you got for a 6765 in the end?

Yup, it was always on the cards. Only difference from my original plan is it isn't the DBB :)

what .ar is the turbo? .81?

Yup, 0.81 :)

Fuel lines are on the way Scotty.

Magic mate, thanks :thumbs: