The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott M's Supra Build Thread

Scott

this going to be ready for pod next year then dude? im following this with much interest to see how you get on! we need more high powered singles up this side of the border :D :p

Definitely mate, the only thing that's going to stop me being ready is if it blows lol.

Aiming to have it finished for spring time :)

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats it scott, clocking is what i ment not roatation of the compressor housing. Amazing how much bigger the h cover is to the p, looks like a much bigger unit.

sorry scott just catching up with this thread, did u add cams mate?

Just spotted that. Yeah mate GSC stage 1 cams are in :)

RPS Carbon/Carbon twin plate clutch is now on order. I have now coasted past the 10k parts cost :eek:

I've not managed to capture absolutely everything but I know that I have listed most of the parts used. Grand total so far £10,588.

Not doing all this myself would have easily ran into 15K+.

I could have anodised that cap for you, if it did go wrong lol.

£10k already lol good man. I lost count on mine already but i know im over 10k, and im getting help from SRD but your cant put a price on perfection.

Never even thought of that to be honest. Typical that it's after :D

The best of it is that a lot of my parts have been 2nd hand. I reckon I could easily add another £2-£3k to that if I was buying new.

The Clutch & ECU have been the big hitters. Everything else has been reasonably priced. Picking up JPs kit saved me a fair whack.

Never even thought of that to be honest. Typical that it's after :D

The best of it is that a lot of my parts have been 2nd hand. I reckon I could easily add another £2-£3k to that if I was buying new.

The Clutch & ECU have been the big hitters. Everything else has been reasonably priced. Picking up JPs kit saved me a fair whack.

yeah same as scott, my injectors were cheapish and also midpipe and downpipe off JP plus exhaust was bargains. turbo kit and syvecs have raped my wallet though oh and manifold. big bargain was my rebuilt bottom end. This forum has a good forsale section and like you if i bought everything new then i can double what i have spent.

looking good scott

The little bits really start to add up!

To be fair I'm taking the opportunity to get virtually everything I want done on my car done. Just tipped the scales with a full caliper refurb kit from Chris, along with some injector testing :)

And, with luck, mean we can have a small turkey again this year :) Thanks Scott ;)

Lol, I thought you would be spending it on a back tyre or something :D

Look forward to getting them on the car, should make a difference as the last time I had them apart the pistons weren't looking the best. :)

looks good. anti-bling heaven. any reason why the intake isn't 100% painted.

Yeah, it was JPs and the powdercoating is flaking off of it lol. It's only sitting there for now while I eyeballed things up. Taking it onto work to blast off the rest and then it'll be getting a paint :)

Mega jealous with the TRD cap. I start twitching everytime i see mine squint

:p

I would be removing the centre and turning it personally.

So easy how the parts keep adding up and adding up bud eh. Looking great so far, although i think a nice plenum would finish it off nice. :eyebrows:

That's for the future. I've got a spare engine to build up so I'm going to do that next year. Then I'll take the tubby to its limit and be happy :)

Money spent includes...

Brake Calipers fully refurbed with new seals, stainless pistons & stainless pins.

All Wishbones replaced with low mileage, good condition 2nd hand ones.

Short shifter

Steering wheel, steering wheel boss & quick release boss.

Spare Engine

Spare Alternator

295 tyres

HID lights

Hurst Line Lock

So it's not just tubby & rebuild stuff :D

Looking good mate. Been keeping an eye on this thread and I'm liking the anti-bling theme you have going on.

It a world of difference after just looking at Rob's engine in his thread, but strangely I really like both of them. He must be crying when he looks at your engine bay :D