The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott M's Supra Build Thread

Scott

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice :thumbs: I have the same going in mine.

Any chance of a copy of the instructions? I want to make sure mine goes back in right, thanks.

I'll try bud, unfortunately I don't have a scanner but I have a decent camera that should hopefully do the trick.

It seems pretty straight forward to fit as long as everything is in the right order to begin with, going by the instructiosn anyway :D

I'll try bud, unfortunately I don't have a scanner but I have a decent camera that should hopefully do the trick.

It seems pretty straight forward to fit as long as everything is in the right order to begin with, going by the instructiosn anyway :D

OK thanks, if not I'm happy to send a SAE for a photocopy :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...
I don't like the colour, I don't like the bhp, I don't like the sound system, I don't like the wheels, I don't like the seats, I don't like the engine bay, I don't like the bodywork, I don't like the dash...............Your car on the other hand is very nice.

What about the mats?

They need replacing as they are curling up at the end which is annoying, Carpet would look better black in all seriousness but if I removed the seats with my luck something else would go wrong and brake.... Plus I am so broke at this moment in time I could not even afford the dye.

You should be getting stuck into your car and making it what you want then :p

I reckon that your 40 hour work time is miles out mate. Work out all the sourcing, research, spraying etc. Probably 400 hours. You have a very understanding family. :D

Oh and updating this thread too. :D

Other than the spraying I was doing all that other stuff anyway, even before I was going single I still researched and read my bum off on here :D

The Wife cracks up sometimes but she understands its my hobby :)

Just received my boost logic exhaust. I can't believe how little this thing weighs, I understand that it's meant to be light but I honestly didn't expect it to be this light. In saying that I wanted to have a look inside the baffle to see what it was like... it's like.. a big hole!! Definitely nothing in the centre to be adding weight to it. I'm not surprised this thing sounds so sweet, it's a 4" drainpipe from back to front, you can see straight through it lol.

Looking forward to getting it on for a rumble :D

BL & an HKS Ti to choose from, doesn't get any better.

Bet your neighbours are going to love you :)

Got an ETC on when you'll be terrorising the road with this?

No doubt, I've never heard the BL so I'm in for a bit of a shock myself I think. I thought the RSR was loud lol.

Absolutely no idea when it's going to be done. The jobs I have left to do are going to be quite tricky for me as I don't weld. Lots of putting on, marking up, taking off, getting welded, putting on, checking to be done unfortunately. I did nothing for months which was a bit silly of me but I got back into it last night with a little hour killed tidying things up :D

Builds looking really good, I reckon if I try and do mine myself I'd end up completely ruining my car forever. Are you going to be selling the HKS Ti, or keeping both to use depending on mood?

Keeping both of them for now. From what I understand the HKS is a much better fit. I just wanted the boostlogic as it's meant to sound the dogs dangly bits. If one has to go at some point it will more than likely be the BL.

To be honest there isn't really a LOT that you can do wrong if you understand the basics. I started this totally green, the most amount of work I had done on previous cars was servicing.

Keeping both of them for now. From what I understand the HKS is a much better fit. I just wanted the boostlogic as it's meant to sound the dogs dangly bits. If one has to go at some point it will more than likely be the BL.

To be honest there isn't really a LOT that you can do wrong if you understand the basics. I started this totally green, the most amount of work I had done on previous cars was servicing.

You haven't seen me working on a car! I get stressed to easy then things end up getting broken, I'm best off just cleaning it.

Worth a try with the Ti though, I've been after one for a while.