The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eurotrip 2011/ Dragonball 2011

supraturbochris

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill have to be a maybe as we are attending a family reunion in the states sometime the front half of this year. However we dont know the date yet.

Also cant realy comit untill we know the price etc.

1. supraturbochris

2. abz

3. adnanshah247

4. supradan24

5. Lamboyello

6. wiggy1980

7. SupraMan Mk4

8. Branners

9. Dr jekyll

10. jim jimmy1

11. matt101

12. drift_bear

13. mellonman

14. paddynewman

15. dodec "j"

16. suprasize

17. basae2

18. scottc998

19. Darron_Q

20. TJP

maybe's

1. mitchell9006

2. m_life

3. kamasupra

4. blueangel

5. neil -na

6. soarer tim

7. jamie p

8. geo

9. mr lover

10. lui

11. Pistonbroke

12. Stonkin

13. Sakey

14. Johnny g

15. gaz1

16. Josh

17. Jimojameso

18. barneybrendan

19. Guigsy

right ok guys this is the plan i had, meet early friday if everyone can take a day off work, or call in sick :) lol meet earlish in the morning about 7 oclock, all catch the eurotunnel to france, once we arrive travel down to lille with a few stop off's on the way for pictures and fag breaks.

Find hotel, go for some late lunch and a few drinks then just see whats about, catch up with everyone.

Either saturday or sunday meet the french guys.

Right the tunnel prices rturn about £90

The hotel prices for 2 nights £92

right ok guys this is the plan i had, meet early friday if everyone can take a day off work, or call in sick :) lol meet earlish in the morning about 7 oclock, all catch the eurotunnel to france, once we arrive travel down to lille with a few stop off's on the way for pictures and fag breaks.

Find hotel, go for some late lunch and a few drinks then just see whats about, catch up with everyone.

Either saturday or sunday meet the french guys.

Right the tunnel prices rturn about £90

The hotel prices for 2 nights £92

Folkestone to Calais is a 30 minute trip on the EuroTunnel. 8:20am - 8:50am - £92

Calais to Lille is about a 90 minute drive, say 2 hours with a mid-drive stop, around 140km, therefore around 20ltrs, assuming 20mpg.

Cheaper than expected. As soon as I know, I'll move myself into the "Confirmed" list.

Cheers for arranging this guys :)

Is the hotel in Lille and the tunnel crossing going to be booked in advance for everyone, you might get some discount if a block booking is done, which hotel in Lille are you looking at and is it big enough ?

Thats what i was thinking, maybe someone set up a paypal system for payment upfront ,then we can pay through paypal and all be onthe same train and in the same hotel :)

But thats just me and Dnk's idea ;)

Going to be a great few days... Do we have a rough estimate on pricing..I.E Hotel,Train,t-shirts (if doing any) etc.. obviously not including petrol haha I dread to think what the cost of petrol will be by the time we go.
Lets hope the prices go down, but we should be able to do this trip within 2 tanks (if you live close to London).

I managed to drive to Roubaix (Near Lillie) and back on one full tank (With a bit of fun) ;)

Is the hotel in Lille and the tunnel crossing going to be booked in advance for everyone, you might get some discount if a block booking is done, which hotel in Lille are you looking at and is it big enough ?

Thats what i was thinking, maybe someone set up a paypal system for payment upfront ,then we can pay through paypal and all be onthe same train and in the same hotel :)

But thats just me and Dnk's idea ;)

Good point guys, Chris if you need me to do any haggling then let me know, I am asian its in my blood :D

Taking a large number of cars and passengers could be quite interesting logistically, hotel rooms, parking spaces, where your going to go in France other than Lille, where to have dinner/lunch etc all needs some serious consideration way before you go and would need commitment from those that say they are going, its not a cheap trip for a couple of days coming from B'ham and i'd like to be doing more than just driving there, meet in a car park have a few beers then drive home.

Cost from B'ham is going to be around £400 before i've bought beer or dinner so not cheap for a quick hop across to France, just my 2p and very interested in going if we have a plan :)

Well Jennie has given me the go ahead in principle for this, just need a few more details, confirmed prices, hotels, if we book everything as a club etc

I will put us as a possible for the minute, until prices are confirmed, but for some reason Jen is being good to me at the moment:cool:

1. supraturbochris

2. abz

3. adnanshah247

4. supradan24

5. Lamboyello

6. wiggy1980

7. SupraMan Mk4

8. Branners

9. Dr jekyll

10. jim jimmy1

11. matt101

12. drift_bear

13. mellonman

14. paddynewman

15. dodec "j"

16. suprasize

17. basae2

18. scottc998

19. Darron_Q

20. TJP

maybe's

1. mitchell9006

2. m_life

3. kamasupra

4. blueangel

5. neil -na

6. soarer tim

7. jamie p

8. geo

9. mr lover

10. lui

11. Pistonbroke

12. Stonkin

13. Sakey

14. Johnny g

15. gaz1

16. Josh

17. Jimojameso

18. barneybrendan

19. Guigsy

20. DodgyRog+DodgyJen

If my car is all done and tuned which it should be i would be well up for doing this

1. supraturbochris

2. abz

3. adnanshah247

4. supradan24

5. Lamboyello

6. wiggy1980

7. SupraMan Mk4

8. Branners

9. Dr jekyll

10. jim jimmy1

11. matt101

12. drift_bear

13. mellonman

14. paddynewman

15. dodec "j"

16. suprasize

17. basae2

18. scottc998

19. Darron_Q

20. TJP

maybe's

1. mitchell9006

2. m_life

3. kamasupra

4. blueangel

5. neil -na

6. soarer tim

7. jamie p

8. geo

9. mr lover

10. lui

11. Pistonbroke

12. Stonkin

13. Sakey

14. Johnny g

15. gaz1

16. Josh

17. Jimojameso

18. barneybrendan

19. Guigsy

20. DodgyRog+DodgyJen

21. Baileyjdm

I guess if we get in touch with EuroTunnel and get a quote for 30 cars, we know where we're playing? Then maybe split the hotels equally if we can't get them together?

But, before we figure out the hotel and subsequent costs, we need to know the route(s) we're going on.

Putting myself down as a maybe, I need a little bit more closure on what were actually doing apart from 'drive to France, drive home' to confirm as it is a right trek for me to get to Calais, tbh It would be easier for me to get the ferry from Hull and meet you all there.

1. supraturbochris

2. abz

3. adnanshah247

4. supradan24

5. Lamboyello

6. wiggy1980

7. SupraMan Mk4

8. Branners

9. Dr jekyll

10. jim jimmy1

11. matt101

12. drift_bear

13. mellonman

14. paddynewman

15. dodec "j"

16. suprasize

17. basae2

18. scottc998

19. Darron_Q

20. TJP

maybe's

1. mitchell9006

2. m_life

3. kamasupra

4. blueangel

5. neil -na

6. soarer tim

7. jamie p

8. geo

9. mr lover

10. lui

11. Pistonbroke

12. Stonkin

13. Sakey

14. Johnny g

15. gaz1

16. Josh

17. Jimojameso

18. barneybrendan

19. Guigsy

20. DodgyRog+DodgyJen

21. Baileyjdm

22. marc_p

I have suggested that supraturbochris gets in touch with P and O ferries, gets a quote for a group booking and then beats up Eurotunnel with those costs to get us a group rate. We then get a reference and everybody phones up with that reference to book the same train. Same applies to the hotel. I have also suggested we ask the French members to help with suggested locations to go to and picture opportunities.

1. supraturbochris

2. abz

3. adnanshah247

4. supradan24

5. Lamboyello

6. wiggy1980

7. SupraMan Mk4

8. Branners

9. Dr jekyll

10. jim jimmy1

11. matt101

12. drift_bear

13. mellonman

14. paddynewman

15. dodec "j"

16. suprasize

17. basae2

18. scottc998

19. Darron_Q

20. TJP

maybe's

1. mitchell9006

2. m_life

3. kamasupra

4. blueangel

5. neil -na

6. soarer tim

7. jamie p

8. geo

9. mr lover

10. lui

11. Pistonbroke

12. Stonkin

13. Sakey

14. Johnny g

15. gaz1

16. Josh

17. Jimojameso

18. barneybrendan

19. Guigsy

20. DodgyRog+DodgyJen

21. Baileyjdm

22. marc_p

23. RobD

I will be put down as a maybe, my car is in bits and was planning for it to be back on rd in May. Also the price on the train and hotel is that per person etc or for the car and however many passengers. Also the hotel room how many per room etc. My gf and i were thinking of coming dependant if the car is finished in time.

Putting myself down as a maybe, I need a little bit more closure on what were actually doing apart from 'drive to France, drive home' to confirm as it is a right trek for me to get to Calais, tbh It would be easier for me to get the ferry from Hull and meet you all there.

Think that would be best to meet at Calais for anyone not that close to the South Of England.

right im going to give eurotunnel a call tomorrow to ask about a club discount on the amount of supra's coming. Im not sure if i call the hotel also will they know any english? lol

Me and john (branners) are in talks at the moment about this.

Keep you guys posted asap

Most of the hotel managers speak English, so you should be fine mate ;)

Is it worth making it a one night stay then rather than 2 nights?

(With regards to costs, will be expensive for those living quite far from Dover).

thing is that a lot of us from scotland would be looking at a few hundred just for the petrol down to the tunnel, let alone the actual trip.. not sure i'd be able to afford it since i'll be saving for the petrol money to suprapod as well..

+1, and we would need an extra couple of days to get up down and up the length of Britain. It is a lot of money if you include the Pod trip as well. So i will sit this one out. Have fun guys.