The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

little bit dis-heartening but i like what i have done so far.

Don't let them put you off Rob. When I started my project thread on there the first post was some novmb saying I was lazy cos I couldn't be bothered to remove the brake lines from the car before I painted the bay even though I left them in on purpose. Now there all Jizzing over it. Poor Geo got ripped apart by um for asking a perfectly reasonable question, and he has 1 of the best looking cars on the forum.

You do it for you, feck anyone else. Your car is all about you, end of!!!!!!

Don't let them put you off Rob. When I started my project thread on there the first post was some novmb saying I was lazy cos I couldn't be bothered to remove the brake lines from the car before I painted the bay even though I left them in on purpose. Now there all Jizzing over it. Poor Geo got ripped apart by um for asking a perfectly reasonable question, and he has 1 of the best looking cars on the forum.

You do it for you, feck anyone else. Your car is all about you, end of!!!!!!

All very true John, EXCEPT Geo deserves all the abuse he gets :D

Fitted the clamps i golded last night and they look cool. Done up nice and tight plus my OCD kicked in today and it took nearly 25 mins to fit them as i wanted them straight and exactly the same, its a major pet hate of mine.

Got there in the end :rolleyes:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=132589&stc=1&d=1305277692

very nice but the ocd needs addressing,the slots in the screws are at different angles :p

SRD sent me back all the screws, springs, brackets ect which go on the Q45 throttle body and these have all been sent away to my chromers :cool:.

SRD are also polishing the throttle body as i deserve a treat and have customers polishing to get on with :)

Another batch has also gone away to the chromers- nuts and bolts ect.

I don't want to cause any trouble, but I don't know how you can use those black coated hoses with the standard you've done the rest of the bay to. We went to a lot of trouble to find black hoses that were black all the way through so the blue wouldn't be visible on the ends.

Right now it's pointed out it'll start bugging you :p:imsorry:;)

I don't want to cause any trouble, but I don't know how you can use those black coated hoses with the standard you've done the rest of the bay to. We went to a lot of trouble to find black hoses that were black all the way through so the blue wouldn't be visible on the ends.

Right now it's pointed out it'll start bugging you :p:imsorry:;)

i cant see what your saying mate, black looks classy and the blue inners match the belt and fixings? i think it tie's in perfect with tiny touches of blue and red, brings the badges and all sorts in the theme

i cant see what your saying mate, black looks classy and the blue inners match the belt and fixings? i think it tie's in perfect with tiny touches of blue and red, brings the badges and all sorts in the theme

Are they blue hoses wrapped in black tape?

Loving it so far. Imagine if the engine fell off the stand and got scratched to sh!t on the floor :p