The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinons wanted for my car

Guest dayofJUDGEMENT

Stock bits, OEM low level spoiler, lowered, nice wheels!

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/ellisgrange/Supra.jpg

All those cars posted here are all facelift. The facelift headlights/tail lights/indicators/side lights and rear side lights make a big difference.

A prefacelift stock car does not look as good as a facelift in stock form. Don't be fooled by those pictures if you have a prefacelift car. As said before, the 16 year old prefacelift version of the supe looks dated in stock form at least in my and many others opinion.

All those cars posted here are all facelift. The facelift headlights/tail lights/indicators/side lights and rear side lights make a big difference.

A prefacelift stock car does not look as good as a facelift in stock form. Don't be fooled by those pictures if you have a prefacelift car. As said before, the 16 year old prefacelift version of the supe looks dated in stock form at least in my and many others opinion.

I agree, but it doesn't take much to put a couple of facelift parts on.

Prefacelift car:

bodykits are what makes a supra look dated imo, especially the failside one, but a nice subtle supra, with a few choice and well made parts like front lip, facelift rear lights, wheels is how to make a supra look modern and fresh. :)

Really,?

As said before, it's a delicate balance to get it right. Go too far with it and it'll look sh1te. You need to establish what look you want before you start, plan it out, and meticulously work out whether the kit combination will work well when it's all on the same car.

bodykits are what makes a supra look dated imo, especially the failside one, but a nice subtle supra, with a few choice and well made parts like front lip, facelift rear lights, wheels is how to make a supra look modern and fresh. :)

I don't necessarily agree with that. Some kitted Supras look fantastic. I'm not going with a bodykit on my current one because the OEM stuff is very tough compared to aftermarket stuff.

Guest dayofJUDGEMENT

Some interesting opinions.

Cheers people.

I will take some time out and look at members cars to get an idea.

PAddy could you PM pics of the wheels?

• 1 month later...
Ive got some 18inch wheels and semi decent tyres you can have for a mere £120 + postage.

Not fantastic condition, few scuffs, little marks from kerbs, were there when I bought the car.

Went back to 16s.

Interested lol... What wheels are there can you pm me a picture

http://img259.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=img0342h.jpg

That should have a slideshow of the 18s.. front tyres have loads of tread. rear passenger is brand new, rear driver is still legal for ~500 miles.

The red overspray looks worse on the photos, should come off with light wire wool/autosol. They are pretty scuffed, but thats why I dont really want much for them..

Hey guys I want to get a body kit and some wheels for my soop.

Not sure which route to take so would like opinions.

I want something JDM not OTT.

If anyone has any parts for sale PM me and I might be able to buy something.

Also thinking of some BPU. What should I get that won't costs too much?

Cheers

I do like that silver car.

What are the wheels on that car?

What about basic performance upgrades?

What is recommended? Turbo version of course!

Before doing any performance and aesthetic modifications I would make sure the car is good working order:

Full service - fluids, plugs, oxygen sensor, oil filter, airfilter, fuel filter, etc.

Full geometry/alignment check - This can make a huge difference to the handling and grip levels of the car. Also get the suspension components checked - bushes/joints/dampers - a lot of older cars will be riding around on worn out suspension now which has a huge effect on the handling, ride quality and grip. It's expensive to overhaul the suspension, but makes a massive difference.

Optimise the braking - the Supra came with 2 brake options; the smaller 2pot front/1pot rear and the larger 4pot front/2pot rear. If you have the smaller brakes fitted my first mod would be to upgrade to the larger brakes. Alternatively optimise the brakes with good quality pads, braided stainless steel brake lines and decent brake fluid.

Wheels - I'd personally go with a good quality lightweight forged one piece wheel.

Tyres - I'd make sure you have a good quality set of tyres fitted.

BPU - Have a read of the linked thread, bpu makes a big difference to performance for a relatively low outlay of money. First check the condition of the intercooler, if it has the original side mounted intercooler fitted you'll probably find the fins are in very poor condition - replace the IC before going BPU if this is the case.

Bodykits - See stickied threads HERE, personally the only aftermarket kit I like is the Top Secret Type III, pics of mine HERE, it would be either that or stock for me.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)