T6 setup... overkill for the UK?

JamieP

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saying that it might be just as easy to go with a 12 injector setup and another 20 litre fuel tank in the boot with race fuel in it, the 6 injectors with race fuel just kick in at high boost, all cruising done on pump fuel.

Plenty to think about.

Sounds like a winner :)

Saying that it might be just as easy to go with a 12 injector setup and another 20 litre fuel tank in the boot with race fuel in it, the 6 injectors with race fuel just kick in at high boost, all cruising done on pump fuel.

Plenty to think about.

From what you've been saying, you want to balance more power with engine safety and ease of use. Introducing 6 more injectors, another fuel pump/regulator/plumbing, and another tank of fuel to keep an eye on would, in my opinion, complicate matters and introduce a lot more points of failure than a WI setup. And the WI setup can be filled from a bottle of water out a garage shop if you don't go as far as methanol.

However, whether water only injection would provide enough cooling to run the boost you'd want to run to stretch the legs on a T6 based turbo is another question, and one I certainly can't answer. A 12 injector rig certainly would do the business but you introduce so many new things to go wrong and the ballache of looking after a tank of race fuel anyway. You may as well just run the race fuel full stop - after all, with a separate tank, the only time you'll use it is when you'll use it at the rate of 4mpg or less so you'll be filling it up almost as fast as you would the main tank, except you won't because the thing is going to be much smaller so it'll need filling even more often :)

Also consider that you can get and fit the WI kit for probably less than the cost of the extra 6 injectors by themselves :)

-Ian

PS sorry to rain on the parade :D

Plenty to think about.

Is that not causing a problem with unnecessary weight Jamie? Sounds a complicated but wonderful option to have on tap....:cool:

H.

I dont think it would be to hard myself, i dont think the secondary setup would need to be anything special to get the fuelling needed for a 1000rwhp.

Im not talking about switching off the pump fuel injectors and swapping to the race race fuel injectors at boost.

I mean use very small injectors for the race fuel as it would just be a top up of the pump fuel at high revs/boost, something like NA 330cc injectors and a single walbro would do the trick i think.

Saying all that, i dont think its something i could be arsed to get into this year.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Interesting plan. Would mixing pump fuel and E85 work just by upping the pump fuel octane a bit or does E85 have other anti-det properties that might be overdiluted due to mixing with the normal fuel?

That might also work but to run E85 is not as easy, you would also need a fuel flex kit. no E85 near me either, if i could get E85 that would be my problems solved and id jump right on the GT47-88

Crap, sorry, I meant race fuel, not E85, I got confused :)

I see what you are saying then, im not sure if diluted with the pump fuel it would work as well, have to be a bit of testing on that, i could always up the injectors on the race fuel if the 330's to id2000's was not enough fuelling for 1000rwhp, im confident that setup would work, but i dont think im going to do it just yet, maybe next year, nice to chuck some ideas about though:)

In the mean time i pray for E85 pumps to spring up near me.

im not as up to speed on all the top end techincal bits as many but , id say stay t4 with your current set up. if its a 100% road car and its the beast it is on pump fuel why would you risc spoiling it .

would it not be better to go 3.4 for more power that is allways on tap without faffing about switching maps and needing another tank. and imho adding another set of injectors that will be vital to your engins survival just offers another possibilty of a failur.

i may be just being over conserative but id just hate to see that car spoild.

i think the 3.4 set up is only as good as the guy that builds it , i have seen a few fail on the us forums but after a bit of digging its normally the ones that built it themselvs in the kitchen :)

i have allways wonder how the longer stroke affects the engine rev speed . its seems to me a longer stroke will make it harder for the engine toi rev higher. i may be wrong but all the real high revving engines ( bikes or race engines) have bigger bore but smaller stroke

i think the 3.4 set up is only as good as the guy that builds it , i have seen a few fail on the us forums but after a bit of digging its normally the ones that built it themselvs in the kitchen :)

i have allways wonder how the longer stroke affects the engine rev speed . its seems to me a longer stroke will make it harder for the engine toi rev higher. i may be wrong but all the real high revving engines ( bikes or race engines) have bigger bore but smaller stroke

I agree with that,If built well they should be fine.extra torque and earlier spool