T6 setup... overkill for the UK?

JamieP

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reminds me of an old article I read on the Rover K series engines, and how the tuners all re-introduced the problems that the K series was _specifically_ designed to resolve. For example, stronger head bolts might sound like a good idea, but they increased the thermal stress in certain areas...something like that, it was a while ago.

IMHO the K series is and was a right lemon, the only reliable ones seemed to be the BTCC engines Judd developed, which went very well and seemed fairly reliable, but they did spend months virtually re engineering the things. I have yet to see an independent engine dyno print out with correction factors for one these 1000 BHP Supra engines :)

I don't know anything about drag racing, but I can't believe that no one has had a 2JZ-GTE on a proper dyno. Maybe they don't want to quote the results :) Anyway, I thought your company were getting the dyno going at work?

Do you mean an engine dyno Chris? Gas Motorsport in Australia have had some good results on an engine dyno with the 2JZ. :)

I don't know anything about drag racing, but I can't believe that no one has had a 2JZ-GTE on a proper dyno. Maybe they don't want to quote the results :) Anyway, I thought your company were getting the dyno going at work?

We still do intend to get an Engine dyno in a some time dude, so who knows we may get some results quoted.

• 1 month later...
WTF:blink:

So you can make the car go faster, but at the expense of poorer handling. Suppose it's okay for a drag car, but wouldn't want that on a road car.

Does seem odd, ok for the yanks i guess with all there straight roads, ive emailed Full Race to ask if it has to be removed for there kit.

i know the oil talk is done and dusted all the heat/pressure waffle but just wonderd why nobody seemed to mention dry sump conversion! i heard and i don't actualy believe it but there isn't supposed to be a single dry sump supra in the U.K due to cost and technical issues! is this correct?? would allow good temp control larger volumes and of course would be cool as f#ck!! :D

I'm new to this supra building as i'm only starting mine in the new year but it's something i thought of if i was going time attack or the likes! long duration high rev applications.

There's nothing very difficult about dry sumping a *JZ series engine. As they seem fairly immune to oil surge and oil temperature control isn't any big deal the only real advantage would be to lower the engine in the chassis, but that would mean a smaller flywheel and bespoke starter arrangements. The stock Getrag gearbox would limit just how much lower you could get the engine

i know the oil talk is done and dusted all the heat/pressure waffle but just wonderd why nobody seemed to mention dry sump conversion! i heard and i don't actualy believe it but there isn't supposed to be a single dry sump supra in the U.K due to cost and technical issues! is this correct?? would allow good temp control larger volumes and of course would be cool as f#ck!! :D

I'm new to this supra building as i'm only starting mine in the new year but it's something i thought of if i was going time attack or the likes! long duration high rev applications.

Leon Greens drag car is dry sumped.