The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T conversion, Loads of questions for the wise

Blackie

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/toyota-supra-engian-t4-turbo-and-parts-/260670102988?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb1261dcc#ht_720wt_930

Not mine but might just get you started in the right direction for a cheap setup worth a ring or email

Got to be worth the money but ffs, if anyone buys this, make sure he can spell his own address and postcode so you can find him! :blink:

That is some ***ked up sh**!!!!!!!!! :D

I think it's a real bargain if you have the space for a spare engian; certainly worth ringing for thurther details of the veruas parts! :D

We shouldn't jest as we're obviously dealing with a genuine dislegsick!

I'll probably go stray to hell for that.

I didn't mean to pike fun at him, I just couldn't hellpit! :innocent:

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)

What is the max amount of torque that the Autobox on an NA can handle? On the Club NA-T forum the Autobox is rated to handle 300-350bhp with an Autobox cooler, but it's the torque that will kill the box.

Many NA-T owners in the US are converting the TT Autobox to fit the NA, the TT Autobox is rated to handle upto 400bhp.

i have the phone number for the man selling that turbo kit, i was going to buy it for the manifold but dont want to now ill just wait.

Xspower manifold's are £178 in their eBay shop or website.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/93-98-TOYOTA-SUPRA-2JZGE-T4-Flange-Turbo-Manifold_W0QQitemZ290441322466QQcategoryZ38786QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D260670102988%252B260670102988%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5108434982150884426

They look good but aren't braced whereas ClubNA-T's are but are £500+ I think.

Edited by Morpheus
Expired ebay link (see edit history)

How much was you thinking it would cost al?

Buy a tt engine and we will help you fit it.

When we done daves we had the old engine in and out in what would have been a day but he wanted to a few bits first before we put it back.

Alot of the small little jobs you could do yourself and make lots of tea and sing songs.

How much was you thinking it would cost al?

Buy a tt engine and we will help you fit it.

When we done daves we had the old engine in and out in what would have been a day but he wanted to a few bits first before we put it back.

Alot of the small little jobs you could do yourself and make lots of tea and sing songs.

That was the plan mate, Been "In talks" with Dave acually. Its a right pain to find a TT engine mate. I have been quoted £3000 twice for the suply and fit of a TT lump

the engine has already been mentioned but you could get the whole TT soarer on the road for under 2k and have a whole car worth of spares (minus the engine of course) to put on ebay to fund mods. plus if its already in a car you can really try before you buy ;)

You won't do a reliable NA-T conversion for £2K, maybe 3-4 times that.

Turbo Kit

Intercooler

Fuel injectors

Fuel Pump

ECU + Mapping

Clutch/Gearbox (if manual) or Oil cooler/Gearbox (if Auto)

Gauges

Spark Plugs

Oil

Oil Filter

Oil Cooler

etc.

That's assuming everything else is in good working order (radiator, oil pump, exhaust, decats, etc.)

I would save more, sell the NA and buy a TT or do a 2JZ-GTE swap.

You won't do a reliable NA-T conversion for £2K, maybe 3-4 times that.

beg to differ. if you can cut out the labour costs and are capable then you can

the only isues i have had with mine have allways came down to me being the problem , even when i initially thatght it was the car, after investigation it turned out to route from something i had done wrong.

From the research I have done, 7-8 psi is as much as you would want to go on stock CR for reliability

On a stock ecu with piggyback yes, 10-11psi is possible and has been done with a good tune/fuel and standalone, you just need a good tuner but thats MAX, pushing it beyond that will fuck the engine. I spent 2 years researching and theorising how to make NA-T work and work well and even though now i still believe in it and still have confidence i could push one to 600+ i have much different goals which wont be possible using the NA base.

What's the full spec?

off the top of my head.

2nd hand garret gt4088 turbo

reworked (braced) xs manifold with down pipe and fmic

costome oil feed and returne

xs 52mm external wastegate with 6psi spring.

greddy emanage blue with 3 bar map sensor and inj harness.

blitz b.o.v

the engine is totally standard.

i run it at 8psi and its prodomantly a track b2tch so has the nuts rang off it regularly

off the top of my head.

2nd hand garret gt4088 turbo

reworked (braced) xs manifold with down pipe and fmic

costome oil feed and returne

xs 52mm external wastegate with 6psi spring.

greddy emanage blue with 3 bar map sensor and inj harness.

blitz b.o.v

the engine is totally standard.

i run it at 8psi and its prodomantly a track b2tch so has the nuts rang off it regularly

And mapping on top of that? How much would that be? :)

2nd hand garret gt4088 turbo £550

reworked (braced) xs manifold with down pipe and fmic £300

costome oil feed and returne £50

xs 52mm external wastegate with 6psi spring. £80

greddy emanage blue with 3 bar map sensor and inj harness. £250

blitz b.o.v (used) £30

professional map by 2bartuning £300

other bits and bobs £100