The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Marc's Facelift Aerotop TT6 Project

marc_p

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to dissagree on the spoiler, personally think the stock spoilers ruin the supra, just look like it shouldnt be there. For a car to be designed so well then a last minute ditch on the spoiler. I like many others for the supra inc marcs, adds a more aggressive angle and sharper feel to what is already a fat wide arse car. (Altho ill have NO spoiler)

Cheers Mallo

Edited by Mallo (see edit history)

I have to dissagree on the spoiler, personally think the stock spoilers ruin the supra, just look like it shouldnt be there. For a car to be designed so well then a last minute ditch on the spoiler. I like many others for the supra inc marcs, adds a more aggressive angle and sharper feel to what is already a fat wide arse car. (Altho ill have NO spoiler)

A quick pic i took the other night

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x392/Scene-Photography/MarcSupra030b.jpg

Cheers Mallo

that does look stunning but i would keep the stock spoiler but there are lots of examples that make me want to change mind. this being one- (spoilerless)

Rob_CIB.jpg

Thats the style i want to go for lol But i just dont feel the stock spoiler does it, i love marcs car, it on my phone wallpaper and computer just looks soo right, baring the wheels which need a refurb lol If he removed the wing for stock it would rocked down in my oppinion and id be forced to punch him in the face lol

On a plus i shot a few snaps of Marcs car, i mean quick!! Took about half an hour, quick set up quick shoots all on a prime 50mm lense, flash guns etc Then edited them quickly tonight. Nothing fancy but i like the look so you can have a gander like. Cheers Mallo

Cool pics there fella, cheers :thumbs:

I'm still debating if I'm going back to stock spoiler or leave the TRD one on there, if I do leave the TRD one on then I'm painting the sides.

Looking at those pics shows how much the stretched tires really do ruin the look of the car from the back, can't wait to get these 295's fitted:)

Edited by marc_p (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Ok, time for a rather large update seeing as I have slacked on this.

So let's start where i left off, which would take us to last years Dragonba11. During Dragonball I realised my valve stem seals had severly got worse so after Japfest I took the car off the road and decided to replace the valve stem seals myself and also every seal I removed including the rocer cover washes.

Some pics from that here:

A comparision of new vs old VSS's:

But I thought I would also do some other things whilst everything was out so I started with a new radiator and pipes:

Also fitted some of the APE shifter cradle bushes and polised up my rocker cover:

Then it was time to start getting my new purchases in from MVP, which included:

RPS Cyn-R-G Flywheel

RPS Streetmax cutch

HKS EVC-S

TRD Gearbox Mount

TRD Braided clutch line

New Rear gearbox seal,

New Selector seal

Clutch fitting kit

OEM V160 Oil

New Motul Diff Oil

New rear wheel bearing

Unorthodox Racing pulleys

TRD Oil Cap

Some pics of the purchases:

I then had the wheels refurbed and also fitted my APR Carbon cooling plate from Whifbitz:

Love RSP. Beautiful colour! A lot of quality parts going into this mate, its a credit to your efforts.

Its a personal thing, but I just cannot warm to that front splitter. Just doesnt blend for me or follow the lines of the car. But its a lovely car all the same. :thumbs: