The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Marc's Facelift Aerotop TT6 Project

marc_p

Okay, next up is the HID's, I went for the 6000k ones, I know that the 4300k ones are the best but I liked the hint of blue in the 6000's(go on, call me a chav :D, it could of been worse though, I could of got the proper chavvy/tacky blue ones). Another pet hate of mine is people who install HID's then take no effort to hide any of the boxes/wires, all it takes is a little effort to make it look nice and neat.

So anyway, onto the pics:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130908&stc=1&d=1303162909

Then it was a quick test fit to make sure all was ok:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130909&stc=1&d=1303162924

attachment.php?attachmentid=130910&stc=1&d=1303162937

Then a quick comparision to show the difference to stock bulbs:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130911&stc=1&d=1303162944

Then it was time to hide all those ugly wires, so I removed the headlights and immediately saw the place to mount the box using the bolt that joins the wing to the front slam panel, so I attached the bracket and bent it into shap and it looked like so:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130912&stc=1&d=1303162955

attachment.php?attachmentid=130913&stc=1&d=1303162965

attachment.php?attachmentid=130914&stc=1&d=1303162973

I then, cable tied the wiring to the existing wiring that runs to the sidelight/indicator, refitted the headlamp and had it looking like so:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130915&stc=1&d=1303162985

attachment.php?attachmentid=130916&stc=1&d=1303163012

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00536.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

DSC00546.jpg

Edited by marc_p (see edit history)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for the next update, most of my freinds went out drinking tonight, but I decided the car was more important, so I got some beers out, put a bit of AC/DC on the stereo and got cracked on, so I had a few new things to fit, I had my new floor mats, a flare, my turbo timer, Razo pedals and a couple of bits of missing trim, so first up was the new floor mats:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130917&stc=1&d=1303163343

attachment.php?attachmentid=130918&stc=1&d=1303163350

So 2 minutes later I got the flare out:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130919&stc=1&d=1303163359

Only to find that the mount was missing, so I'll need to buy a new one:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130920&stc=1&d=1303163371

So after that, I moved round to the boot where one of the side pieces was broken and the black plastic bit along the back was missing:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130921&stc=1&d=1303163383

attachment.php?attachmentid=130922&stc=1&d=1303163390

So I got my new pieces and fitted them:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130923&stc=1&d=1303163399

attachment.php?attachmentid=130924&stc=1&d=1303163417

I then decided to move onto the fitting of the Apexi turbo timer:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130925&stc=1&d=1303163432

Which required me to dismantle the dash to plug it into the existing wiring and wire it up nice and neat as I didn't want it on display, do I decided to mount it in the centre compartment with the iPod:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130926&stc=1&d=1303163441

attachment.php?attachmentid=130939&stc=1&d=1303163745

attachment.php?attachmentid=130927&stc=1&d=1303163460

attachment.php?attachmentid=130928&stc=1&d=1303163474

After that I decide to fit my new pedals, however I seem to have lost the accelerator one(yes, I know I'm stupid) so for now, it was just the clutch and brake, however they did look a little tired to begin with but this was nothing a little light sanding and polishing would fix:

attachment.php?attachmentid=130931&stc=1&d=1303163531

attachment.php?attachmentid=130932&stc=1&d=1303163538

attachment.php?attachmentid=130933&stc=1&d=1303163549

Forgot to take a pic of them fitted though

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00574.jpg

DSC00576.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00582.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00560.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

DSC00558.jpg

Edited by marc_p (see edit history)

That's quite a smart way you did the iPod under the arm rest, looks really tidy and simple to do. I might have to copy that :D Car is looking very good itself, keep up with the pics :) Hope to see it at a show at some point.

Go for it, I think I copied the idea from someone else anyway:d

Much better without the roof spoiler Marc, just needs a stock rear spoiler now

I actually contemplated going back to the stock spoiler, but after seeing the below pic I have decided to have the sides sprayed in RSP with the blade left carbon, it just looks tough as I've decided it's the Forgestar wheels I want in 11's at the rear(thanks for pointing them out) so should look like this but in RSP:

looks awesome mate

Cheers fella, not long until yours is done now:)

massively jealous of this mate, will definately take you up on the offer of seeing the car in summer when it's all finished would love to see it and see just how quick a BPU Supra is compared to an NA

It's a BIG difference:d, but yeah no worries, I'll give you a bell when the weather starts getting nice and warm :)

Thanks mate, yeah, no worries, your only in York aren't you? We could maybe have a little mini meet:)

Sounds good :thumbs: Yeah, i'm in York but Harrogate's a nice drive from here, so I don't mind driving. It's probably about time I blew the cobwebs off the Supra :D

Looking good Marc :thumbs:

What's the flair for?

Well it came with one as standard so I thought it would be nice to put one back in there, plus, on a night time it gets doggers really confused, you strike it up in the middle of a car park and they don't know whats going on and theres balls and snatches running about everywhere :)

Well it came with one as standard so I thought it would be nice to put one back in there, plus, on a night time it gets doggers really confused, you strike it up in the middle of a car park and they don't know whats going on and theres balls and snatches running about everywhere :)

Ah right, I thought it might be for the future 'Marc's Facelift Aerotop TT6 Amphibious car' project! :D

I'll go to this doggin site with you next time then, but you'll have to round up the balls and I'll take the snatch ;)

Now then mate, the spoiler has grown on me alot more, i think once with the new wheels its will match.

I think because people only really see the spoiler in a darker shade all their attention is drawn to that, but when the wheels are on the glance will even its self out ;)

You need them wheels sorted asap so i can do a loittle shoot on it dude, that paint once waxed up is lush :)

• 3 months later...

OK, got a few more updates for you all.

First up I decided to clean out those wheel arches, so off with the first wheels and yuck:

Waaaay to mucky for my liking, so I set too with the wd40, a wire brush and some cleaning cloths and it looked like so:

It was better but not great, so I kept on with the cleaning for a bit longer and then repainted the bits that were originally silver, silver. So it looked like this:

Then repeated it on the rear:

I then did the other side but no photo's off that(but it looks the same as the above).

So that was one job down, the next one was to get some brighter and more white interior lights, so I purchased some interior lights of eBay along with some paint for the manifold cover and silicone spray to spruce up the door seals:

But, shock horror, ebay screwed me again and those 'Supra MKIV Interior Lights' were not Supra interior lights:

So down to Halfords and I got these:

But whilst I was down there, I couldn't held but notice that the Rover Gunmetal would be a really nice interior colour, so I purchased some primer, paint and laquer at the same time:

I then decided to spray up the manifold cover with the VHT silver paint, but soon realised I had to dismantle the inlet system above it to get it out, so I decided against that as there are way too many vac tubes to remove for my liking:

So I replaced the interior lights and sprayed the interior light surround at the same time:

I was happy with the colour so set to work on the dash panels and a couple of other little bits:

However, I realised I didn't have enough paint so it was back to Halfords to get some more, at which point I noticed some under door lighting, I've always kinda liked the whole puddle lightingthing that is appearing on a lot of new cars now so I decided to grab a set and get some puddle lighting on the car:

So whilst the dash was out I set to installing the puddle lighting so it would only come on when I opened the door and all the wires were descretly hidden:

Then it was time to see how it looked and.....................oh noes, it looked like a christmas tree:(, so they are now disabled until I find a good way to dim them down so it's just a discreet glow and not a replica of blackpool lights:

Anyhow, it was time to put the dash back in, which I was really happy with:

So then as some as you know I flew out for Supra Nationals in Texas, whilst I was out there I got myself some new aerotop seals from the local Toyota dealership(they had then in stock and for 1/3-1/4 of a price they wanted over here for them:blink: )

So as soon as I got back it was off with the old:

A quick cleanup of the grime that got caught under the seals and on with the new:

However I need to look at another Aerotop at Japfest as I have installed them wrong somehow and a small amount of water is running round the outside of the seal and into the car when I wash it.

Then last but not least, it was time for my new wheels, which after months of searching were exactly what I wanted, they need a refurb but I'm waiting until after japfest to do that:

nice rims marc, definately need a refurb but look great on the supra i think. glad you got them ok.

Yup, cheers for wrapping them up well, I've ordered some new tires for the rear anyway, gone for wider so there not stretched, was debating what to go for but ended up getting some 285/30/18 Bridgestone Potenza's. I've PM'd Ibrar about getting the wheels refurbed, just need to wait until I get a spell where I won't really want the car for shows/meets to send them off.

Looks stunning Marc :cool: good choice of wheels. Really does need a stock rear wing though IMO.

I'm still debating with myself over this, if the stock wing doesn't go on then the carbon TRD side pods are getting sprayed to match the car.

Looking good, great work on the little details.

The interior lights from ebay are for the boot bud, so they are interior lights in fairness to the seller... just not the ones you were after :D

The puddle lights could be sorted easily with some tinting spray to dull them down. If you go down that route go with Etech rather than savage, the savage stuff is plain nasty.

Looking good, great work on the little details.

The interior lights from ebay are for the boot bud, so they are interior lights in fairness to the seller... just not the ones you were after :D

The puddle lights could be sorted easily with some tinting spray to dull them down. If you go down that route go with Etech rather than savage, the savage stuff is plain nasty.

Are they?, I never even thought of that, I'll go put them in the boot then, thanks:d

Never even thought of tinting spray for the lighting either, I'll have to order some of the etech stuff now.

Cheers for the pointers :thumbs: