The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Purity14 - Unbelievable Insurance Quote..!!

Havard

Hi,

Been having problems insuring the new TT as my old insurer AON has changed their policy on Classics. My old Na was a 96 and I insured it as a classic at 11 years old for £380.00, over three years this crept up to £410 but they changed their classic policy to only cover cars that were 15 years old and not 10.

They would have renewed my policy as it was existing but once you change the car, you have to start a new policy. AON/Footman James quoted me £1240.00 for a 97 TT VVTi tiptronic doing a maximum of 5K miles a year.....:blink:

I have since wasted a massive amount of time and money getting quotes from 30 other insurers in the hope that I could find a company that would cover a 13 year old Supra and call it a classic. No such luck.....after exhausting nearly every phone number on t'internet I had a price of £675.00 from Keith Micheals. My plan was to get bummed for the higher price and then insure it as a classic when the car got the 15 years old.

Today I got a pm from Brendan (Purity14) telling me to give Lynbrook insurance a ring....http://www.lynbrookins.co.uk/80507/info.php?p=7&pno=0

Spoke to a nice guy called Richard and he asked me what my best quote was and I didn't tell him and waffled on about AON changing their policy, he eventually came back with a quote of £292.73.......:):D

Classic Policy

97 VVti Tiptronic

5K miles max

SDP Only

Parked on drive way. 2 Other vehicle in the household (3rd car)

Mods (wheels and exhaust) declared

2 x 35 year olds with 1 non fault accident and 1 sp30

Wn2 post code.

Thanks to Brendan I have just saved £382 notes and I can now buy that dildo I have always dreamed of.....:innocent:

Purity14. I owe you a pint or ten..!!

H.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why thank you Havard.

Proverbs 3:27-28 "Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it"

The 'Cheapest Supra Insurance on the forum award' goes to me. For the discovery of this, I can only thank our Lord Jesus Christ for his guidance

Spend just one second of your time whilst on hold waiting for your quote, for Jesus; who died temporarily for our sins for goodness such as this.

Remember to tithe 10% of what you have saved to your local church to ensure such holiness continues, for "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

As an afterthought please note, if you are thinking of taking insurance out with these guys, STOP.

Ask yourself - are you a normal driver, or do you drive around like a dick?

If you drive like a dick, go somewhere else.

This is a safe haven of cheap insurance at the moment, don't go bumping it up for us normal people.

Why thank you Havard.

Proverbs 3:27-28 "Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it"

The 'Cheapest Supra Insurance on the forum award' goes to me. For the discovery of this, I can only thank our Lord Jesus Christ for his guidance

Spend just one second of your time whilst on hold waiting for your quote, for Jesus; who died temporarily for our sins for goodness such as this.

Remember to tithe 10% of what you have saved to your local church to ensure such holiness continues, for "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

As an afterthought please note, if you are thinking of taking insurance out with these guys, STOP.

This is a safe haven of cheap insurance at the moment, don't go bumping it up for us normal people.

You're like a hybrid of Septic and Carl_S :D

Wow :shock:

My renewal for a 98 VVTi TT was £590 through sky (9 years NCB, 41 years old, No accident claims or motoring offences, living in a leafy suberb in Plymouth and car parked off road) which I thought was a bit steep:(. Your quote blows my renewal out of the water well done that man:D.

Edited by jonc (see edit history)

Why thank you Havard.

:D

You're like a hybrid of Septic and Carl_S :D

:rlol:

Nice one! I might try them when I am due for renew, seems like no claims bonus doesn't mean anything these days! :search: